Tenant or Landlord ??

Tenant moved out the property as they found a new place.

As usual confuse as who is responsible for.

Inspected the property and found few things:

1. Thermal tracking (black shadowy stripes on the ceilings on all areas most noticeably in lounge and all bedrooms).
Tenant probably not allowing enough air circulation hence it caused thermal tracking.

2. Nails holes on walls and kitchen bench

3. Damaged/scratch bottom wall next to door (bathroom)

4. chips on skirting boards scratch on top of the door on one bedroom

5. scratch on top of the door on one bedroom
it is caused by tenant probably using metal hanger clipped onto the door

Never had this thermal tracking before (only found the term in google). So is bit complicated but found that in general tenant is liable if they are not maintaining mold level which is the cause of thermal tracking. anyone thought?

Your first points sounds like a property I had a building inspector inspect. His explanation was that their is lines in the roof, caused by plastering on a hot day. I think it was referred to as 'sarking'.

Depends on how long the tenant has been there. Even a few nail holes will be considered not unreasonable by the tribunal.

Everything sounds like general wear and tear.

Never heard of thermal tracking.
Marg

Your first points sounds like a property I had a building inspector inspect. His explanation was that their is lines in the roof, caused by plastering on a hot day. I think it was referred to as 'sarking'.

Its called shadowing, and is caused by uneven joins between gyprock/plasterboard sheets that catch the light and form the look of lines.

To try to blame your tenants for this is ludicrous.

Its called shadowing, and is caused by uneven joins between gyprock/plasterboard sheets that catch the light and form the look of lines.

To try to blame your tenants for this is ludicrous.

Thanks! I don't know where I got sarking from! I just found my building report and it stated, 'minor sagging'.

Thanks all for the feedback!

Being a tenant ages ago where I was charged for every single thing. It made me realised that I was conned by some dodgie real estate agent.

Checked with my PM, they advised the same thing.

Cheers.

Back