Tenant wants a credit for two baths full of water??

make it 50c ... and with the note show the calculations, so that she can see that you are being generous. if you just put down the $1 with no explanation she will jump up and down believing it was worth more.

been there done that ... and by showing the calcs, they can see it is not personal (who can argue with basic math) and that demands for more are not justified.

I would send 50c and ask for the change.

It may sound funny, but to go on about it is insulting, they didnt know the cot of water - hahahah(see what I mean) ?

Wierd and wonderful things us people are, not us of coure, I mean the renters who we find humourous :rolleyes::D I know they sometimes feel the same way towards us, but they're wrong aren't they ?

no one is saying they are wrong.. really the tenant should not pay for the water wasted to maintain or service the property.. but it just shows the tenant been padantic!

It shows human nature

The tenant got confronted by something unexpected and reacted through fear - don't rip me off !!

The landlord got confronted by something unexpected and reacted with ridicule - baha my idiot tenant !

Both reacted becuae of preconceived ideas that the other party - the tenant thinks landlords may be out to screw them, the landlord thinks the tenant is a whinger who wnats as much as they can get from their landlord.

Both as good a each other in my eye !

The only way to differentiate is to see who behaves the most logically now..

Dealing with unreasonable cutoems complaints is part of doing buiness, I think it is very unprofessional seeing a business person / landlord stoop to the level of who they complain about.

having said that I m not sure how I'd handle this either !

It shows human nature

The tenant got confronted by something unexpected and reacted through fear - don't rip me off !!

Maybe..... Going on their past "issues" I don't think there is much fear there.

The landlord got confronted by something unexpected and reacted with ridicule - baha my idiot tenant !

I didn't post it to ricicule..... I just found it funny. Particularly coming from these particular tenants, but then you don't know their past history. They were so picky when they moved in, it was unbelievable. They didn't like the kitchen cupboard hinges for goodness sake :eek:. They wanted the hedges trimmed a few inches lower for some bizarre reason. They want a shrub trimmed, but not too much, because their cat sleeps under it (I cannot work that one out either), they have black ants that they want gone, but will not allow us to use poison.

Both reacted becuae of preconceived ideas that the other party - the tenant thinks landlords may be out to screw them, the landlord thinks the tenant is a whinger who wnats as much as they can get from their landlord.

You got that one right.

Both as good a each other in my eye !

I won't take that one personally :p.

The only way to differentiate is to see who behaves the most logically now..

We've been logical all along. They are being pedantic. But we will sling 'em 39 cents just to please you.

Dealing with unreasonable cutoems complaints is part of doing buiness, I think it is very unprofessional seeing a business person / landlord stoop to the level of who they complain about.

having said that I m not sure how I'd handle this either !

Well, that last sentence just sums it all up, doesn't it?

Why not have a think about it, and let us know how you would handle it?

hahaha yeah send 50c via my first method and then send her a bill for overpayment and request a return of 31c.

can you tell i'm petty?

Back