Tenants - Faulty dishwasher

Lets look at the question another way...

My landlord is too cheap to replace the D/W that is meant to be included. Why should I stay ?? They want the rent to rise. That wont happen.

A D/W can be acquired for $300 at Aldi with a 3 year domestic use warranty with ONSITE service. Thats a tax deductible spend. I would buy a few boxes of tablets and give them to the tenant to address the fact its been faulty and apologise for any misunderstanding due to the agent (blame them). They make you your money....

You have an investment property where something broke down and requires replacement. The tenant didn't break it, it ceased working due to age.

Would you be asking the same questions if the item that broke down was a heater?

As a landlord you do need to address maintenance items, it is also in your best interest to to be too hesitant about doing these things or the tenant may have a good cause for applying for compensation.

Just replaced one. Had a $60 upsell to fit and remove the old one. No PM required. Expense any install/delivery and remember to scrap the old one!

Back