Tenants ringbarked trees

it's not only renters that destroy expensive gardens ... i know a couple (how i know them will remain anon) who own their ppor, and every couple of years spend a small fortune on landscaping their front garden. i estimate it costs them several thousands every time.

they then ignore the garden completely for the next two years until the weeds overwhelm the decorative gravel/pavers/plants, the painted timber flakes and rots and the water feature runs dry and fills with moss/algae ... then they rip it all out and redo.

the garden looks lovely - for about 4 weeks - then rubbish for the next 100 weeks.

what i can't understand is that they walk through the garden area every day on their way to work - how much effort does it take to lean over and nip out a small weed before it gets to big and goes to seed?

I had a previous tenant ask if they could trim two very large trees that were down the side of one of my Ips as it was providing to much shade for the close line. I said sure I will organise a tree lopper to come and trim them, they insisted that they trim them with there chainsaw and would prefer to not cost me any money, I told them that I would prefer to have a professional do it as they are covered if they damage anything. The insisted that they would trim them back and said they would except responsibility if they damaged anything. I ended up letting them go ahead and TRIM the two trees. A year later they moved out and when I inspected the property the two trees they were now just dead stumps about 2 meters high.
I was a bit shocked at first but not that bothered as they were too close to the house anyway.

I ended up letting them go ahead and TRIM the two trees. A year later they moved out and when I inspected the property the two trees they were now just dead stumps about 2 meters high.

....but I bett the close line dryed those close reel good. :)

Back