Terazzo bathroom floor- bright pink- ideas?

Hmmm, what to do to improve the appearance of a bright pink terazzo bathroom floor? Would love some ideas from you guys.

It is in good condition/ solid/no cracks etc.
I'm looking for a quick/cheap cosmetic upgrade so not too keen to jack hammer out and lay new tiles.
The floor edges curve upward to meet the wall so laying tiles strait on top not an option without jackhammering edges- too hard basket.
Tile paint?? Not sure it will hold on a floor well, shoes may wear off the tile paint and look crap after a short while? Anyone used tile paint on a floor before?

You can tile over the top using smaller tiles with backing mesh as they are flexible over the contour of the floor.. more expensive though and lots of grout

Gee, I like the sound of an intact terrazzo bathroom floor. What a great find. Seems a pity to get rid of it. I think we need to see some photos.

I would suggest that you try and work with the colour.

It would be a shame to pull up the floor and I really don't think that any tiles no matter how small will curve up nicely at the walls.

As others have suggested pics please

Cheers

pink terrazzo pic

Thanks for all your comments, 1960's build, the pink/black colour scheme must have been popular at one time as I've seen it in a few houses now, I'm surprised to read so many would just keep as is, maybe if I wait long enough coloured terrazzo will come back into fashion :)

The plan is to definately have the pink wall tiles and bathtub resurfaced in a high gloss white, (had a guy in to do it to my PPOR bathroom about 7 years ago- and still looks great today) plus new white vanity/sink unit and a new shower screen.

Floor- perhaps I will just leave it??

Attachments

• pink terrazzo.jpg
    pink terrazzo.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,759
That is a fantastically intact 60s bathroom. The floor is amazing - it even has the inlaid star.
Do us a favour, Erica, when you toss out that great pedestal basin and paint those tiles white so it looks like every other boring bathroom reno, please don't post any photos - it will be too sad.
I'm not sure where the property is, but in many places a bathroom like that would be a feature of a selling campaign.

Thanks for all your comments, 1960's build, the pink/black colour scheme must have been popular at one time as I've seen it in a few houses now, I'm surprised to read so many would just keep as is, maybe if I wait long enough coloured terrazzo will come back into fashion :)

The plan is to definately have the pink wall tiles and bathtub resurfaced in a high gloss white, (had a guy in to do it to my PPOR bathroom about 7 years ago- and still looks great today) plus new white vanity/sink unit and a new shower screen.

Floor- perhaps I will just leave it??

Interesting photo Erica ;)

I'll see you at the auction

That is a fantastically intact 60s bathroom. The floor is amazing - it even has the inlaid star.
Do us a favour, Erica, when you toss out that great pedestal basin and paint those tiles white so it looks like every other boring bathroom reno, please don't post any photos - it will be too sad.
I'm not sure where the property is, but in many places a bathroom like that would be a feature of a selling campaign.

This ^^

I'd keep it as it is. I would not change a thing. I love it.

Having said that, on closer inspection, there is a small cupboard to the right hand side of the photo and it looks like some tiles to the right of it (almost out of shot) have been messed with. If that is the case, I'd change that cupboard and put something else there (larger cupboard door to cover the damaged tiles or a nice deco mirror).

If the rest of the room is as good as it looks in the photo, it would be a terrible shame to change it.

We nearly bought a 1930s art deco house nearby with an amazing black and pink bathroom. I know we would not have changed a thing, but it was "modernised" - such a shame.

I have a mate with a bathroom like that. I give him a hand occasionally and lend him tools and stuff like that. I told him that if I ever come around and find he has done something stupid with that bathroom of his, it will be the end me helping him.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Brady- can't sneak anything past you lot here on Somersoft, :D

Haha I started reading it and I was thinking wow that sounds familar...

When I saw the picture!

Were you there at the first open?

I didn't go to the second open was there many people?

I'm assuming that you will be bidding at auction, I hope that one of us gets it :)

Back