test only - do not click - there's nothing inside to read

Aaauuuggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! No, not that!! Anything but THATTT!!!!!!!!

Pehaps the Kiwi's might be interested in acquiring a 'West island' to go with their North and South :D

To go with the Telstra and Medibank selloff, Tasmania could be offered on a lease to buy option:p

I Have An Idea....

Let's auction off Tasmania!

Okay, have given it a little thought, SOS, you're an agent right?

For a yet to be agreed commission (to David and myself) we will let you auction off Tassie. First we will need a Vendors Statement, Section 32? in Tassie?
Anyway, you will be able to get it here; liz'[email protected] you will need a password for security; "corgi" ...but keep that to yourself. Just explain to her what we are up to, I'm sure she will be fine with it all. If anybody sends men in fuzzy hats with weapons to your house, they are only kidding SOS, mainland kind of damn humor. :p

Oh, make sure there is an exclusion, whoever purchases does not, I repeat, does not get the rights to Cascade Beer, that (and the beer) are to come here to Central Victoria for the minute, while we decide what to do about that..

I think we could go ahead as soon as you get the Sect 32 and hold the auction ASAP, cash only, day of sale, that money to be direct credited into David's and my account...David is Bank of Switzerland, and mine, the big guy in the black suit, in the black helicopter.

Water and forest rights to be sold separately of course. Peter Garrett should have a figure on that.

I think we have everything covered?
Oh, feel free to keep a box of stubbies for yourself (we'll bill him later Dave ;) )...and thanks very much.

Anybody got any thoughts if they think Darwin would be missed?

Let's auction off Tasmania!

Okay, have given it a little thought, SOS, you're an agent right?

Hey OO

I think you’ve hit on a great idea here. It may take a little time to get everyone involved to agree, but hey, I’m up for the challenge.

I’ve asked Five people so far and they’re all for it. I’ve just got 457,923 or so more to ask. That shouldn’t take too long!!

Did you have a date in mind?? I think we’ll need a little more than the usual four week lead in time for it.

Open for inspections could be interesting. I may need a bit of hand on the security side of things.

Once we knock it down we may need a little time to get the contract signed too. Of those 457,923 people, I’m guessing I’ll need to get about half to sign somewhere on the contract. It might take an hour or two.

I’ll even do it for a flat rate of 1.2%

Do you have any further comments or suggestions?

For your kind update.
Please.

Since we have a thread talking about nothing in particular, i'll add this:

http://theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,19774051-1702,00.html

World 'hotter, richer more crowded'

July 13, 2006

THE world is getting hotter and using more fossil fuels as people get richer and the population surges towards the 6.5 billion mark.

The Worldwatch Institute report on the state of the globe found the amount of greenhouse gases working their way into the atmosphere is at an all-time high, with the world consuming more oil and coal.

However, there are signs dependence on fossil fuels may be ebbing with big increases in ethanol, solar and wind energy.

Worldwatch is an environmentally-focused organisation that analyses global trends, from the environment to the economy.

It's Vital Signs publication, released today, is an annual exploration of a large number of issues, including deforestation, infant mortality rates, aluminium production and mobile phone use.

There are now 6.45 billion people on the planet, an increase of 74 million over 2004.
Those people used 3.8 billion tons (tons) of oil, or 83.3 million barrels a day, an increase of 1.3 per cent over 2004.

Coal use rose 6.3 per cent to 2.8 billion tons of oil equivalent, while natural gas use rose 3.3 per cent to 2.4 billion tons of oil equivalent.

There were 45.6 million passenger cars built (up 3.2 per cent), an extra 18.5 million light trucks constructed (up 2.8 per cent), and another 101 million bicycles were made (up nine per cent).

The world now has more than 603 million cars, and 220 million light trucks, on its roads.

However, Worldwatch found a strong increase in alternative energy fuels.

Ethanol production soared 19 per cent to 36.5 billion litres.

Solar power is now the world's fastest growing energy source, with photovoltaic cell production up 45 per cent to 1700 megawatts during 2005.

There are now 125 million square metres of solar heating installed.

Wind power capacity increased 24 per cent to 59,600 megawatts last year. In the United States, there are now enough wind turbines to meet the needs of 2.3 million households.
Worldwatch Institute president Christopher Flavin said the increase in alternative fuels was a good sign.

"These developments are impressive and are likely to provoke far-reaching changes in world energy markets within the next five years," he said.

"But the transition will have to move even faster to prevent the kind of ecological and economic crises that may be precipitated by continuing dependence on fossil fuels."
But the report also found major problems confronting the world.

The average temperature in 2005 was 14.6 degrees Celsius, which it said is the warmest year ever recorded on the Earth's surface.

Five of the warmest years on record have occurred since 1998.

Carbon dioxide concentration reached 379.6 parts per million, an increase of 0.6 per cent over the record amount in 2004. The 2005 increase is the largest ever recorded.

And carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuel burning increased 4.5 per cent to a record 7.6 billion tons.

Project director of Vital Signs, Erik Assadourian, said it was clear the world was living beyond its means.

"Business as usual is harming the Earth's eco-systems and the people who depend on them," he said.

"If everyone consumed at the average level of high-income countries, the planet could sustainably support only 1.8 billion people, not today's population of 6.5 billion.

"Yet the world's population is expected not to shrink but to grow to 8.9 billion by 2050."
Weather-related disasters in 2005 cost the globe $US204 billion ($271.7 billion) - a record - due largely to Hurricane Katrina in the US.

The average number of people now affected by weather-related disasters reached 260 million. More than 13,600 people died from those disasters.

Worldwatch found that while the number of wars and armed conflicts fell to 39 during 2005 (the lowest number since the early 1990s), military expenditure by governments increased to their highest level since 1991.

And whilst not reading do not think of pink elephants.

yes Mupps....don't think of these.....

22911_w.jpg

thx Skates......well, if you have to be an elephant, you may as well be a spiffy one, I say...

have a nice day all.....beautiful weather in Brissy today.....what's the weather like everywhere else??????

It's another summers day here in Tassie. We've had to many of them though. It's Tassie's driest winter in over a century.

Last year in September we had torrential rain and floods. We need lotsss of rain or I'm going to be offline unless I can get a pedal powered computer. The hydro electric dams (our primary source of electricity down here) are at the lowest they've been at for as long as I can remember. :eek:

Post count is getting quite high now. Better watch out, I can feel a thread close coming on. ;) OK, OK, I was only stirring!

Beautiful day in the best city in the world, Sydney! Wouldn't be dead for quids.

Cheers,
Michael.

not dead for sure ... but cloned for the day would be nice. have a chocker one so i'd better get to it. another architect appointment this afternoon for the townhouses - very exciting.

another architect appointment this afternoon for the townhouses - very exciting.
Very exciting indeed... We're just waiting for settlement on our IP then we can get on with the architect side of things. I hate this whole "waiting" stage, its far harder that the "everything happening at once" stage. :D

Cheers,
Michael.

Back