That's not how you do it... Insider trading

This guys done it all wrong

Seriously why bother unless you have a secret account in the Cayman's, this guy would have been better off working for QLD health.

If you are going to commit a crime like this (with or without Cayman's accounts), at least make it a very very large figure...Not $54,000!

I was shocked they found the $16mil Queensland Health guy in his home ... why the heck wasn't he already in Rio?

I was shocked they found the $16mil Queensland Health guy in his home ... why the heck wasn't he already in Rio?

Didn't they check there first? :confused:

Why are govt depts so politically correct that they employ people with criminal records in the first place? :confused:

* edit: Just saw that a criminal check was done on this man however it didn't include an 'international criminal check' and that the QLD govt is now 'considering' doing these in the future on public servants who are responible for handling large sums of money.

Didn't they check there first? :confused:

Why are govt depts so politically correct that they employ people with criminal records in the first place? :confused:

I don't think it's political correctness, I think it's incompetence. A prison guard was hired despite having drugs and weapons offences, becaue he 'ticked the wrong box'.

EDIT: Just saw your edit!

Why anyone would commit a jailable criminal offence for $54,000 is beyond me. 2 years jail time, 24/7 comes down to $6.16 an hour. Not to mention that he'll have trouble getting a decent job for the rest of his life.

Most criminal activity is fundamentally stupid.

As a trader one would think his income would be enough to help "dear old mum" without resort to illegallities.

Perhaps his lifestyle was a bit expensive as well.

As a trader one would think his income would be enough to help "dear old mum" without resort to illegallities.

Liz if they were that good they wouldn't be working for someone else. Most of these traders are pretty clueless if they have to invest their own money (as opposed to our superannuation that keeps pouring in).

Why anyone would commit a jailable criminal offence for $54,000 is beyond me. 2 years jail time, 24/7 comes down to $6.16 an hour. Not to mention that he'll have trouble getting a decent job for the rest of his life.

Most criminal activity is fundamentally stupid.

Care to elaborate on the exceptions (with dates, details and diagrams, please)? ;)

His bosses commit bigger "frauds" every other week & it is perfectly acceptable..... the whole damn financial system is a big sham anyhow.

Banks can get away with ripping off millions of clients, but one guy gets hung out to dry for a few measly bucks. OK, what he did was wrong, but what the banks do daily is by comparison, worthy of corporal punishment. :(

It's all about getting the easy targets, that's why. The big sharks are too hard to go after.

Also do you notice that people who bash other blind tend to get more lenient sentences? Tall poppy syndrome at play in the courtrooms, that's all.

The morale of the story is it's okay to take someone's eye.

Back