The Big Bad Question.

because at the end of the day - there has to be more to this life than living and dying. Without "God", what is the point?? there has to be a higher power for it all to make sense. I agree with your comments about choosing fate and deciding the path your life takes, but I CHOOSE my faith because I simply cannot believe I am here by accident, I am a chance mix of chemicals, I come from apes, once I die that's it...

by accepting I am created, loved and cherished by a loving God means I can believe that I have a purpose and my faith means I can get up every morning and face the world knowing there is a reason to live.

...and in my very present circumstances I believe and know this more than ever - I would not have survived this far without my faith.

thanks for your answer to my question - I hadn't heard of that story. I am afraid I have to completely disagree with it as it is in direct contrast to the Bible, but I thankyou for posting it all the same

There are quite literally hundreds of religions in existence today and thousands have been in existence over time.

Devout followers feel directly or see evidence that confirms their belief that the religion they adhere to is correct.

And yet, the biggest predictor of which personal, uplifting, benefot-delivering and relevant god or gods yo beleive in is the prevalent religion of your family and your community.

Funny how ones most deeply felt and most personally significant world view can be predicted to a significant degree of accuracy by simply as knowing your parents and where you live.

Back