The Block 2012

I don't normally watch the mid-week episodes but I did tonight. Watching Dan and Dani stuff up in the boat challenge was HILARIOUS! Thoroughly enjoyed it :D.

What I don't enjoy, however, is listening to how Dan and Dani speak to each other. No respect whatsoever. Like all couples, hubby and I have our disagreements, but I draw the line at calling him, or letting him call me (not that he ever has) an 'idiot', a 'f###ing #####', or 'pr!ck' among other bogan trash insults. Has anyone else noticed how often they do this to each other? They're one fiery couple that's for sure!

Oh, does anybody else find that Dan has a resemblance to retired tennis player Pat Cash? Or it may just be me...?

What I don't enjoy, however, is listening to how Dan and Dani speak to each other. No respect whatsoever. Like all couples, hubby and I have our disagreements, but I draw the line at calling him, or letting him call me (not that he ever has) an 'idiot', a 'f###ing #####', or 'pr!ck' among other bogan trash insults. Has anyone else noticed how often they do this to each other? They're one fiery couple that's for sure!

Oh, does anybody else find that Dan has a resemblance to retired tennis player Pat Cash? Or it may just be me...?

A agree that they way she speaks to Dan is disgusting. But he takes it :eek:.

I wonder if the cameras were not on them, whether he would give her some similar language back. He is very easy on the eye, but as soon as he opens his mouth he sounds like a bogan. Whereas, the way Dani speaks and then flounces off to buy something Dan has just told her they cannot afford, often reminds me of Kim (Kath and Kim).

The Dan and Dani stuff is the only interesting parts of this series. I actually quite like Sophie because yes, she's a bit of a wuss but she dosen't deny it and can laugh at herself. She also, has other strengths and seems genuinely 'nice'.

DH and I were cringing last night watching Dani in action. As a female I really 'bristle' around women like her. She seems to think showing her legs, flicking her hair and rolling her eyes (what's with the eye thing ALL the time??) and a few tears will get her whatever she wants. Ugh, drop the act princess you ain't foolin' this little black duck.

Dan is a two-faced goose who seems eager to please his Dani but also wants to be 'one of the gang'.

I like Sophie too ... just annoys me that she is incapable of lifting a tool and doesn't even want to learn (like Lara did).

I also laughed at Dani last night getting stuck into Dan about cleaning the yard up because she couldn't lift a 10l paint tin ... hahaha ... I can lift two at once (need two for balance). The boating was hillarious - couldn't happen to a nicer couple :D.

auctions are on currently. only those registered got to go inside to the auctions.

Apparently were spaced 30mins apart.

Last edited:
Wasn't aware of spoiler etiquette. Now removed for peoples unspoiled viewing.

Want like I said which houses sold and which didn't.

I haven't heard any leaked results (thankfully) but I'm tipping Brad and Lara to win - for the simple reason that, overall, I liked their place best ;). The other three appeared too poky (especially the living rooms off the kitchens).

Can't wait until it goes to air...

Unfortunately I have...saw where people leaked them on the Block Facebook page...but still keen to see the episode tonight

Chris

Brad and Lara made like half a million which is pretty damn good. South melbourne making its mark. Feel sorry for last year contestants which din even make much.

Shouldn't the reserve price be based on the value once renovated, rather than the unrenovated price before renovation costs etc.?

Back