The Block 2012

Surely the reserves were set low to make for a better episode tonight? Especially given the disappointing results of the last two seasons? Good show tonight. I really enjoyed it.

However, that ****tard in the Energy whatever t-shirt was annoying as hell. For the first time ever in my life I actually felt sorry for an auctioneer :D.

I was happy with the Show.

So good to see the contestants coming out so well.

The Auctioneer should have stepped on that idiot from the start, only taking even figures

Chris

He was slowing the auction down.....possibly the worst thing for the property!

Also, gets his 'Earthwatch' noticed.....and we all know what that means..........

.......If we are talking about it on SS, then other forums must be talking about it..........

........where else will there be talk about the 'Earthwatch' dude?

FB, Twitter, etc will be going nuts!

....bet it goes viral!

pinkboy

Not that I can totally recall its name anyway (energy? earth? whatever...) but, after his 'performance' tonight, I'd avoid it like the plague. Can't say I didn't expect it though, I still remember the mascot 'thing' from a phone company who tried the attention grabbing tactic in the first season of the block - thought channel 9 would have sorted out this problem by now - unless it was staged (paid advertising?) from the start...

Shouldn't the reserve price be based on the value once renovated, rather than the unrenovated price before renovation costs etc.?

Townhouse My builder bought was double fronted and at least 40sqm that the average block houses.

I'm not sure what channel 9 paid for them but I would think all they would be concerned were the ratings of the show.

What I want to know is how they get away with tax free profits? Perhaps we should set up a "competition" of our own.

What I want to know is how they get away with tax free profits? Perhaps we should set up a "competition" of our own.

Maybe the contestants are being paid from after tax profits of channel 9? Bit like franked share dividends? So they wouldn't pay tax otherwise it would be paid twice? Dunno, just speculating like usual.

See ya's.

Reserves were way to low. No way any of then should have been lower than a mil.

Nine didn't pay much less than that un renovated. Nine were essentially just giving extra money away.

Do you think previous contestants have a right to sue? At the very least you would be super annoyed. Brad and Laras winning is what one of last years couples paid for a local un Reno ed single fronter.

Nine didn't pay much less than that un renovated. Nine were essentially just giving extra money away.

Do you think previous contestants have a right to sue? At the very least you would be super annoyed. Brad and Laras winning is what one of last years couples paid for a local un Reno ed single fronter.

Funny they didn't bring the "winners" from the previous series on, like was done last year.

Yeah, I guess last year's lot would have been watching with tears in their eyes.

i think they could probably could be 50K more but the nearest property which was 3 storey townhouse build in the last 3 years with better finishes and similar size
7/ 297Dorcas St sodl for $1,300,000

where else 303 Dorcas st (another three storey townhouse) sold for $1,775,000 which was 297 sqm nearly twice the size of brad and lara

i went to the inspections of the block and they were really very crammed and small compared to other properties in the area.

Facts and figures aside (I know how you guys love 'em though), on the emotional side I felt empty after watching. I know I should be happy for them but it was like watching someone win money on deal or no deal. It just seemed like a 'luck game' in the end.

What happens to the little house out the back?

I thought the reserves were low too. I think the contestants were all surprised too. But they couldn't risk a repeat of last years fiasco.

Chanel 9 make heaps of profit even without making money on the houses. Imagine what advertising would have been worth for last nights episode? and they certainly threw the adds in.

even if the reserve was higher - they still would have made a good profit though but half a million bucks for the winners is pretty good

where else last year 3 of them didn't even meet the reserve.

I was happy to see all 4 couples do well.

Last year's reserves were far too high and the auction process was flawed, this year they had genuine bidders

All 4 couples worked hard and I was pleased to see them well rewarded.

Channel 9 needed good results to keep the interest for the Sydney houses.

The show aired 6 nights a week, generating good income for Channel 9. Imagine GTV9 paying one of their "Stars" to work that hard, it would have been in the millions.

Well done to them all. I sat in front of the TV glued waiting for the results.

Chris

Back