The Dream

As there is no introduction yourself section Ill post here

I'm Nev from The Latrobe Valley (East Vic)

I stumbled on this forum while searching info on becoming a registered Builder!!

I have alway had an ambition to build my own house ( I mean physically hammer and nails sort of thing)

Was sort of getting there when my world came tumbling down

As I was working for myself as an electrical contractor I had a 3 customers completely disappeared without paying
One owed a substantial amount of money (Some mightn't think so but to me it was)

This put me into a position where I has to declare myself Insolvent
I ended up going down the path of a Part 9 Debt agreement

Which simply means I'm partially bankrupt but have to pay back a negotiated amount, a black mark against my name (credit wise) but kept my Mortgaged house!!

I managed to get a Job with a small but regular income and am on top of it all

But this debt agreement does raise a few issues (ill post questions in appropriate sections)

I am keen on doing a Certificate IV In Residential Drafting next year (in a few weeks) Just for the knowledge and the ambition of for-filling the dream (sometime).

Gday Nev,

SS is a great place and full of knowledge and wildly differing opinions on all things real estate so welcome.

Sounds like you have had a rough trot but a good attitude moving on and looking to the future. Dreams - gotta have one;)

Hi Nev.

Welcome to somersoft. As Knightm suggests somersoft has a veritable treasure trove of information (which is expanding all the time).

I have a couple of investments in the Valley - and every time I head down there I am always amazed at the increasing amount of construction/development (both residential and commercial) going on.

Sounds like a great aim.

Hi nev

Since your a sparky and you are in a bit of debt trouble at the moment have you considered jumping on one of the big resource construction projects in WA or QLD?

The roster would most likely be 4 weeks on 1 off with all living expenses paid and they will fly you home on your break. Do that for a year or two earning 180k per annum should pay off your debts pretty quickly

Back