The future of Emerald Qld.

Hi Rigpig
Welcome here.
Emerald should be performing well in the future as a town center with alot of things happening there.
I am in the process of looking for an IP in Emerald now. How did you go with your purchase in Emerald?

cheers

Thanks smy7484,
Contract should be waiting for me when I get home next week, working in the middle of the Timor Sea right now.

You have to be quick thats for sure, and I agree with the 'selling like hot cakes' headline bellow.

Houses race off the market
http://www.cqnews.com.au/story/2012/03/16/selling-like-hotcakes-real-estate-whirlwind-as-buy/

Hi Rigpig
Welcome here.
Emerald should be performing well in the future as a town center with alot of things happening there.
I am in the process of looking for an IP in Emerald now. How did you go with your purchase in Emerald?

cheers

Hi Smy7484,

Are you looking at the Mayfair Ridge H&L package?

I called Ray White re the Mayfair Ridge H&L packages but it seems they have no more left. Are they being sold through anyone else?
Apparently they are selling like hotcakes

Corbett

Has anyone has any experience with Corbett Homes Builder in Emerald? How are they? How is the workmanship? Delivery on time? Cost ovrruns?Appreciate any response.

Has anyone has any experience with Corbett Homes Builder in Emerald? How are they? How is the workmanship? Delivery on time? Cost ovrruns?Appreciate any response.

Corbett Homes are local and are considered by some to be the best in Emerald.

Hi RigPig,

Did you buy off the plan or a completed one?

Hi rayttl, its not built yet.
I found it very difficult to get any information from realestate agents in Emerald, they all seemed so busy and none of them were getting back to me with information.
I contacted Corbett Homes and now I'm buying it direct from them, no agent.

RigPig

Hi rayttl, its not built yet.
I found it very difficult to get any information from realestate agents in Emerald, they all seemed so busy and none of them were getting back to me with information.
I contacted Corbett Homes and now I'm buying it direct from them, no agent.

RigPig

Hi RigPig,
Did Corbett say when are they are able to sign the contract? As i understand, there is no land at the moment. The home grant of 10K expires in april

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Devcon Building Co. in Emerald and how they were ie quality of fittings and workmanship, finishing dates etc etc

Regards

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Devcon Building Co. in Emerald and how they were ie quality of fittings and workmanship, finishing dates etc etc

Regards

Hi Ralph
I got Mayfair 7 information from RayWhite some times ago, apparently Devcon Building name and logo are stamped on all the drawings. From there, I believe they are one of the builders (perhaps the only builder???) to construct houses in Mayfair stage 7. Mayfair 7 is sold out.
Not much help here.

cheers.

Be interested to hear people's thoughts (pos or neg) on emerald builders. I've came across names such as Corbett, Trebe, devcon etc Average construction cost seems to vary from 1,500-2,000 plus. The cheaper builders seem to use cladding instead of brick veneer.

Thanks!

in regards to the turn key cost per m2, is the area including patio, terraces etc.? Is anyone here knows what is the reasonable cost per m2 to expect from builders, and what is the area of m2 to be included.
cheers

Is anyone recently have engaged or in the process to engage a builder to build a house in Emerald? Please sharing your experiences in regards to the cost and building contract, as well as their performance.

I am in the process of signing building contract for a 4+2+2 brick veneer single storey house in Emerald. The contsruction is not going to start until later of this year. My only concern is the hidden cost which excluded from the builder, e.g. conveying services to the site connecting or installing servies for use at the site etc. Payment being 7 days after builder claim etc...

Any comment?
Thanks

CGU offers flood cover. Recently took out a policy for $850 p/a on a 3x1 including building, contents, landlord and flood cover....and that was during a weather event that had other insurers enforcing embargos on the area. This is pretty good value IMO.

Could also be the catalyst for flood protection works. The council must be swimming in cash with rising rates, and all the increase in business activity over the last 7-8 years. It's also in the state gov't interests to protest these type of mining service towns.

I was in Emerald yesterday for the first time since January. A bit unusual for me to go so long without a visit.

What a change I noticed even in that time.

I don't think anyone has anything to be concerned about regarding the future of Emerald.

It's all go!!!

I was in Emerald yesterday for the first time since January. A bit unusual for me to go so long without a visit.

What a change I noticed even in that time.

I don't think anyone has anything to be concerned about regarding the future of Emerald.

It's all go!!!

Hi Neil,

I have a couple of properties in Emerald but haven't got up there in quite a while. I'm across the investment side of things and know there is a huge amount of investment going on in the area but would be very interested to hear your on-the-ground thoughts and observations on what was going on up there at the moment?

Jack

Jack

Im doing work on a 26 unit development. I was shown a 100+ unit site in the planning, a 400 lot subdivision underway and a 1000 lot subdivision with DA advertisement on the lot.

That's a whole lot of supply but one assumes the demand is there.

The new shopping centre is open and it is huge. Harvey Norman is alleged to be kicking off in the very near future.

The airport was chockas.

Busy times ahead from what I saw.

Hi Neil,

That certainly sounds like a lot of supply, do you know when these subdivisions are likely to be registered?

Is there anywhere on the council site that we would be able to find these new development applications?

The 400 lot subdivision has earthworks underway at the moment. No idea on completion. I don't get involved with subdivisions as a rule.

Regarding the other DA, no I don't know how you'd find out about that one.

As its advertised, maybe yes the council could give you the info.

Cheers

Back