The inventor should be shot ....

MichaelWhyte said:
I reckon they're right up there with those annoying roller-scate shoes that you see kids sliding around supermarkets in. You know, the ones with the wheel in the heel and they just kinda take a few steps then start rolling around.
Michael, you need to get out more. Have you ever tried them? They're fun!:D

see_change said:
Just come across an " invention " and I think the person who created this invention should be shot ( along with the person who bought them for the kid )

Shoes for toddlers with a ' Squeak " in them .

Every time the child takes a step the shoes squeaks ....similar to the squeak in some dolls.

Every time, , both feet , every step ...

It's not quiet , it's loud and goes through walls....

AHHHRRRRGGGGG !!!!!

What's the most annoying invention you guys have come across. For me this one took the prize my a country mile... Now I have a head ache , and I never get one....

See Change
I feel your pain, Seech.

What I hated when my kids were little, was people who give noisey gifts to toddlers. Musical Instruments, squeeky toys, talking toys etc. It's amazing how many squeeky toys got "lost".

skater said:
I feel your pain, Seech.

What I hated when my kids were little, was people who give noisey gifts to toddlers. Musical Instruments, squeeky toys, talking toys etc. It's amazing how many squeeky toys got "lost".

ditto.

I worked at a Medical Centre many years ago which had a play area for the kids. The owners wife went and bought toys to stock it including one of those things with pegs in which the kids hammer through to one side and then hammer through to the other side and then back again.

I don't think it lasted the first morning and someone got to it before I did.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the owner shooting his wife in the neck...

See Change

MichaelWhyte said:
Seech,

Maybe if they combined a squeaker in the front and the wheel in the back, then they WOULD be the most annoying shoe ever invented.

Cheers,
Michael.

But if they tuned the 'squeak' to the same sound your shopping trolley wheel makes, then you wouldn't hear the little darlings rolling along the supermarket aisles! Annoyance gone!!!!

And in answer to "How does the mum stand the noise", any parent will tell you that you tend to develop an ability to tune out certain sounds (or else you WOULD go insane).

:)

Steve KKK said:
And in answer to "How does the mum stand the noise", any parent will tell you that you tend to develop an ability to tune out certain sounds (or else you WOULD go insane).

:)

I have that ability at work, to tune out to the kids screaming and all the other noises . This is probably the first noise in twenty years , since the hammer , that I haven't been able to easily ignore.

At home it would have lasted about five secs if that .

See Change

thefirstbruce said:
How's this for a solution. Considering human hearing frequency is roughly 20-20k hz when young, and high tone hearing falls down towards 15k as we age, if you made the squeak around 18khz, then most baby boomers, esp those who listened to Led Zeppelin when young, shouldn't hear it.
I've heard this suggested, on a science forum on ABC radio, as a teenager deterrent. It emits an extremely annoying pitch at 16 kHZ, which teenagers can't stand to have around- but it doesn't worry older people at all.

skater said:
Michael, you need to get out more. Have you ever tried them? They're fun!:D
Skater,

Now how did I know that YOU would post support for a skate shoe! :p

Maybe I am getting a bit old... Might need to strap on a head band and some high socks with my little skate shorts and singlet and get out there and cut it like I used ta. ;) OK, please ignore that mental image, I'm not sure what came over me... :eek:

Cheers,
Michael.

MichaelWhyte said:
Maybe I am getting a bit old...
Nah! You're only as old as you feel & I bet I'm a lot older.:D
Might need to strap on a head band and some high socks with my little skate shorts and singlet and get out there and cut it like I used ta. ;) OK, please ignore that mental image, I'm not sure what came over me... :eek:
Oh dear, too late I'm afraid.:eek: :p

geoffw said:
I've heard this suggested, on a science forum on ABC radio, as a teenager deterrent. It emits an extremely annoying pitch at 16 kHZ, which teenagers can't stand to have around- but it doesn't worry older people at all.

Yes I read somewhere where management play a tone where teens congregate and cause trouble - mall entrances etc.

They find it annoying and move on but noone else notices it.

I have also read where classical music has a similar effect.

Me I have just discovered Aussie Rap - though at my age I prob aren't hearing the full range of tones :)

Cheers,

Hi guys,
I saw something on tv last night about squeaky shoes. Does anyone know where I can get a pair?

Thanks,
RJ

geoffw said:

Isn't Boney-M & Tom Jones enough to do this?

skater said:
I feel your pain, Seech.

my mil (lovely woman most the time) delights in giving my 2yr old soft toys that you press their tummy and they play awful tunes - chirpy christmas carols and the like - at the top of the spectrum.

hate them with a vengence and she knows it. i think that's why she buys them - her little joke.

The Y-man said:
Surely in every problem is an opportunity. SC has a problem. Invent a little knick knack that makes his problem go away and sell to all other SC's in the world.....

Cheers,

The Y-man

I think the little knick knack has aleady been invented but unfortunately handguns are still illegal in Australia....:rolleyes: :p

see_change said:
Just come across an " invention " and I think the person who created this invention should be shot ( along with the person who bought them for the kid )

Shoes for toddlers with a ' Squeak " in them .

Every time the child takes a step the shoes squeaks ....similar to the squeak in some dolls.

Every time, , both feet , every step ...

It's not quiet , it's loud and goes through walls....

AHHHRRRRGGGGG !!!!!

What's the most annoying invention you guys have come across. For me this one took the prize my a country mile... Now I have a head ache , and I never get one....

See Change

My sister wore these in Japan when she was five years old..she's now twenty..great for shops whn the kids dissapear behind counters..annoying for parents, fun for kids

barracuda2 said:
Isn't Boney-M & Tom Jones enough to do this?
I can vouch that that approach definitely does work.

The saccharine crap that comes blaring out of fashion boutiques certainly keeps me away.

Not that they'd have anything I'd be seen dead wearing anyway... :D

GP

redwing said:
My sister wore these in Japan when she was five years old..she's now twenty..great for shops whn the kids dissapear behind counters..annoying for parents, fun for kids

We give the kids whistles when we travel o/s in case they get lost somewhere in a foreign country.

They know to only blow if in trouble & a great ice-breaker with other kids - no sound the rest of the time :)

I can think of a few other inventors who should have been shot....

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back