The Mother of All Booms is Coming??

Someone once told me that if there are lots of cranes on the skyline, it's time to get out.

depends on the area, it isn't an issue for Sydney for now as the market has been undersupplied for many years but there could be some impact on rents

I know every area is different.
However I just called to inquire for predicted rent on a possible new IP.

I rented a 3/1/1 fibro for $370 1 year ago,
Looking at purchasing a 4/1/1 fibro closer to station in the same suburb, predicted $360 rent. (What?)

Seems a the rents have peaked in Penrith/NSW as well. (Or so a lot of the agents are telling me now). Anybody else finding the same?

Someone once told me that if there are lots of cranes on the skyline, it's time to get out.

I don't get it?

images

A few cranes on the horizon in Adelaide, but they're all government funded projects.

Interestingly as the cranes go up the states credit rating goes down.

There are cranes, and there are cranes :cool:.

Haha this is a great read in retrospect. Well played to sash + others who called it!

Havent been on SS for long enough, but i assume there'd be plenty of calls going the other way post GFC too.

Sash always gets it right.

Now Sash..... can you please tell me when you expect a downturn in the market.

I am thinking some time in mid 2015????? Like your insight/thoughts about this:)

Some markets in Perth are starting to slow down now, not a crash by any means, however more stock on the market, changing from a sellers market to more of a balanced market.

MTR:)

Thanks MTR...I don't always get it right...

Great minds think alike....the risk is the Sydney market. Mid 2015...would be a great time to sell and get out. Move quickly once the first interest rate rise is announced. Watchout 2017-2018....will be blood bath in Sydney! It started with cries of joys in Western Sydney..and it will end in tears there also. :)

Perth is a real surprise...it seems to have avoided a bust and has cooled itself. The prices there are still affordable compared to Sydney and Melbourne. It is definitely a balanced market...which is good thing so prices will still move albeit slowly. It seems to have avoided a painful boom bust.

The real dark horse is Brissie....demand is solidifying...but no major price rises. I think you will see this once the Newman govt is voted out and Southerners again move to Brissie. Jobs have a lot to do with this.

Sash always gets it right.

Now Sash..... can you please tell me when you expect a downturn in the market.

I am thinking some time in mid 2015????? Like your insight/thoughts about this:)

Some markets in Perth are starting to slow down now, not a crash by any means, however more stock on the market, changing from a sellers market to more of a balanced market.

MTR:)

Back