The Mother of All Booms is Coming??

The real dark horse is Brissie....demand is solidifying...but no major price rises. I think you will see this once the Newman govt is voted out and Southerners again move to Brissie. Jobs have a lot to do with this.

Price increases in Sydney also are a factor .

Last cycle , I had several patients in Mt Druitt , can up and move to brissie . It was seeing that happening , that put me onto Logan .

Cliff

You will see that when Sydney peaks..and the job situation gets better in Brissie.....

Price increases in Sydney also are a factor .

Last cycle , I had several patients in Mt Druitt , can up and move to brissie . It was seeing that happening , that put me onto Logan .

Cliff

Some markets in Perth are starting to slow down now, not a crash by any means, however more stock on the market, changing from a sellers market to more of a balanced market.

MTR:)

"some markets" being the key point there MTR... the areas I am looking at supply is still tightening and prices rising nicely. And overall we are still 1,000's of listings from even being a balanced market. I think SS's very own Aaron is responsible for a flood of 1 bedroom suburban apartments tho! having said all that, Perth tends to follow syd/mel price growth as a ripple effect and given the lacklustre growth since the GFC that would seem appropriate

So why do we have Sydney with years of severe housing shortage, no available land for years and prices going nowhere for years?
According to the pop theory it can't happen, it has, still does and will in the future.
Rents have to go up in line with inflation and expenses, otherwise they get reposessed by the bank.

If it was that predictable the evidence would be everywhere, but it aint.

excellent demonstration of how slow property markets move - both for and against your position

Housing is over inflated vrs employment and wages...Low Interest rates are increasing house prices.It won't last long or your on the side lines waiting for mortgage sales.

The real dark horse is Brissie....demand is solidifying...but no major price rises. I think you will see this once the Newman govt is voted out and Southerners again move to Brissie. Jobs have a lot to do with this.

Does this mean the QLD Labor govt will start hiring govt workers en masse?

You will see that when Sydney peaks..and the job situation gets better in Brissie.....

What will drive jobs growth in Brissy?

The growth ins Brissie will be driven by Sydney/Melbourne people heading up there for a cheaper lifestyle. Just like immigration....internal movement of people also helps create jobs. Look at what happened to Perth...as people went there for jobs and liefestyle. It has slowed a bit but a broadly the population is growing at 2.5%...one of the highest in the country.

THis in turn creates jobs. Also the Newman govt has cut too many jobs which has had a cascading affect...similar to Canberra. This is why thw Abbott and Newman government need lessons in economics.

The real estate agents in Brisbane are saying a lot of Southerners are buying there.

Does this mean the QLD Labor govt will start hiring govt workers en masse?

What will drive jobs growth in Brissy?

....the risk is the Sydney market. Mid 2015...would be a great time to sell and get out. Move quickly once the first interest rate rise is announced. Watchout 2017-2018....will be blood bath in Sydney! It started with cries of joys in Western Sydney..and it will end in tears there also. :)

Perth is a real surprise...it seems to have avoided a bust and has cooled itself. ... The real dark horse is Brissie....demand is solidifying...but no major price rises. I think you will see this once the Newman govt is voted out and Southerners again move to Brissie. Jobs have a lot to do with this.

Sash, are you psychic?

from early 2010. How much has that cost you hobo?
That was the cyclical peak nationally and I had just sold my property in Adelaide, we only saw a downturn of -8% from the peak by mid 2012 (I was expecting more). Some cities still haven't recovered their 2010 peak. Granted Sash's prediction was for Sydney specifically and it was a good call.

Didn't cost me anything. The likelihood of my owning any Sydney property, ever, is slim.

That was the cyclical peak nationally and I had just sold my property in Adelaide, we only saw a downturn of -8% from the peak by mid 2012 (I was expecting more). Some cities still haven't recovered their 2010 peak. Granted Sash's prediction was for Sydney specifically and it was a good call.

Didn't cost me anything. The likelihood of my owning any Sydney property, ever, is slim.

How much is it up from the bottom ?

You're doing better than Keen .

Apparently Sydney's up 49 % since he sold in Surrey Hills .

Cliff

Thinking about my cg, would have cost me about 400k
Nice one, so are you taking it off the table or riding it down the other side? :)
Great minds think alike....the risk is the Sydney market. Mid 2015...would be a great time to sell and get out. Move quickly once the first interest rate rise is announced. Watchout 2017-2018....will be blood bath in Sydney! It started with cries of joys in Western Sydney..and it will end in tears there also.
Or maybe you're like see_change and think this Sydney boom has another 5-7 years left in it? :D

Or maybe you're like see_change and think this Sydney boom has another 5-7 years left in it? :D

Luckily for me I base my decisions on what is happening rather than what I think is going to happen.

Doesn't really matter how long it goes on from our personal situation as we've already done very nicely since steve keen called the bottom of the market . We'll be selling one house in Sydney at some time , but the rest of our Sydney properties are long term holds .

At some stage the market will slow down and maybe go backwards for a while then it will go up again and the cycle will repeat .

During the next dip I might even buy in Mt Druitt . I think during the next dip Mt Druitt , you'll be able to buy for at around current prices or maybe less than you can at the moment .

Cliff

Cliff

I sold on the NSW coast in 2010, prices have still not recovered to those levels.

Yep , coastal weekenders haven't moved much at this stage . Volumes have improved where we are , but not prices . The house two down from us , waterfront on port Stephens , big newish house with half of a jetty has just sold for 550 . Been on the market for a while with expectations of 7-800 .

Good time to pick up something if that's what you want .

Cliff

At some stage the market will slow down and maybe go backwards for a while then it will go up again and the cycle will repeat .

During the next dip I might even buy in Mt Druitt . I think during the next dip Mt Druitt , you'll be able to buy for at around current prices or maybe less than you can at the moment .

Does this mean Mounty County still has time to go?

Ahh so already trying to back track on that call :D

come on hobo, some have skin in the game, some talk like an armchair professor.

The 'winner' at the end of the day, is the person who made money, not the person who had plenty of opinions, but even if those opinions prove right, don't profit from it.

I don't read anything in this thread that is 'back tracking'.

Back