The next boom town ? ( Alpha, Qld 4724 )

Looks like things may have turned a corner here Dubstep?

Even when things are a little doom and gloom at the moment.

Current operations in the Bowen Basin are being streamlined but developments in the Galilee Basin including train line and Port are just starting to get serious and ramp up.....

Hi Jack,

The insentives for these companies to invest in the Galilee is the billions not millions of tons of coal, the projects do have big capex, but the recoveralble resource really is huge !

I am certain the projects will come together, and hope to be working out there myself when it happens !

Show me the money.

I think Mackay has had its run and will it be years off before another climb, if not a slump with all happening further south. Plus the new airport that BHP have built at Moranbah.

I brought a property in 2009, probably top of the market. Paid 245k for two bedroom unit. Now would be luckly to sell it for same.

Hi Santaslayer,

Thanks for the webinar link !
Terry Rider has an interesting perspective into the mining and LNG investments taking place.

Roll on Boom 3.
--------------------------------------------
Great Webinar about mining towns and how the mining boom is far from over. Also briefly talks about different towns including Alpha and Emerald for those interested. Prepared by Terry Ryder.

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/w...-far-from-over
---------------------------------------------

Bad news for those holding but it will happen. It's fair to say coal is on the nose at the moment.
Copper and nickel are going to go well and it sounds like uranium might pop its head up again.
Good opportunity to look for a few bargains around alpha if you have a spare 150k

Bad news for those holding but it will happen. It's fair to say coal is on the nose at the moment.
Copper and nickel are going to go well and it sounds like uranium might pop its head up again.
Good opportunity to look for a few bargains around alpha if you have a spare 150k

Yep your right Strongy coal markets are in a slump at the moment and certainly has an affect on the markets out that way. My feeling is GVK haven't delayed because of the market rather it's due to finance not quite in place.

The project is simply immense and the finance must be a complicated orchestration of issues. Long term I think GVK are bullish on coal. If they had the construction contracts organized and funding in place they would start today knowing the construction phase would take them well past this slump in the market. When the market recovers in the cycle, which of course it will, then getting a tonne of coal out of the ground, transported to port and on board a ship for $55 is not to shabby.

Agree with you also mate they'd be some opportunities about for the cashed up investor prepared to sit and wait for the big pay day.

Jack

Back