The Off Topic Thread

Can you tell me, is it just Bunnings here in Brisbane or is it all over Auastralia.

The "security to section three" Lady.
Followed by in about 10 seconds.

The "Security acknowledged" Man ?

Because of my work, I shop at Five different Bunnings, and at each store the same music and "security to section three" followed by " Security acknowledge" anouncement, are played at all stores.

Gee, that Lady and man sure get around. Or are they following me. :eek::eek:

Actualy, I know what i'm going to do !!

Next time I'm at bunnings, I'm going to ask a staff member
"can you help me out please, I'm looking for section three". :D

I've visited Bunnings more times than I have the supermarket in the last fortnight.

Infact I bought 2 sausages (no bread) at the sausage sizzle there to feed my children after school as I wasn't going to make it to the supermarket for groceries.

Why don't they have a grocery section there? They have everything else that one needs :D.

I regularly walk up cash-in-hand looking really interested and then ask them if they have any wholemeal bread. They always say no, and at that point I decline their food all together. At first, I kept asking because I genuinely thought that one day they might have wholemeal, but now I just do it to **** them off. They'll never have anything but white bread, and I'm sure they remember me.

It baffles me how many grown adults actually choose to eat white bread.

made the mistake of going to bunnings this afternoon ... damn - shud've known that the friday arvo before father's day was not a good idea!

Wesfarmers own both Bunnings and Coles.....I don't think they are about to set-up supermarket stores in their Bunnings store to compete with themselves ??

It might be SA Daz but last time I checked we had Woolies and Foodland too ;).

I WAS HERE

We all begin
as unmarked trees
And we spend our lives
Desperately
carving our initials
in one another.
-

Linda Delayen

--------------------------------------------------------

THE BRIDGE BUILDER

An old man, going a lone highway,
Came at the evening, cold and gray,
To a chasm, vast and deep and wide,
Through which was flowing a sullen tide.
The old man crossed in the twilight dim --
That sullen stream had no fears for him;
But he turned, when he reached the other side,
And built a bridge to span the tide.
"Old man," said a fellow pilgrim near,
"You are wasting strength in building here.
Your journey will end with the ending day;
You never again must pass this way.
You have crossed the chasm, deep and wide,
Why build you the bridge at the eventide?"
The builder lifted his old gray head.
"Good friend, in the path I have come," he said,
"There followeth after me today
A youth whose feet must pass this way.
This chasm that has been naught to me
To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be.
He, too, must cross in the twilight dim;
Good friend, I am building the bridge for him."
-

Will Allen Dromgoole
----------------------------------------------------

Gazing at the Cascade on Lu Mountain

Where crowns a purple haze
A shimmer in sunlight rays
The hill called Incense-Burner Peak,
from far

To see, hung over the torrent's wall,
That waterfall
Vault sheer three thousand feet, you'd say
The Milky Way
was tumbling from the heavens, star on star

- Li Po
-------------------------------------------------------

Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it.

-- William James

Can you tell me, is it just Bunnings here in Brisbane or is it all over Auastralia.

The "security to section three" Lady.
Followed by in about 10 seconds.

The "Security acknowledged" Man ?

Because of my work, I shop at Five different Bunnings, and at each store the same music and "security to section three" followed by " Security acknowledge" anouncement, are played at all stores.

Gee, that Lady and man sure get around. Or are they following me. :eek::eek:

All over Australia, its a simple security deterrent. Makes thieves think twice about stealing, thinking they have security sitting in a room watching surveillance camera's. Kmart and other similar stores do the same thing.

Cheaper then hiring security!

So why is Friday the best bin day? :confused:

Whatever happened to Alex?

How come there are three Dazzes?

I like Ruddy and I'm going to do the laundry today, buy some new bedroom blinds and bake a cake. :D

I had to go to Bunnings to get some stormwater pipe. Hubby tells me to get 6m x 100mm. I get there and the 100mm looks too big for the job he's doing, so I ring him up and tell him this. He then gets all shirty and tells me he knows what he's doing. I ask him to double check the size, and I'm right. He needed 90mm. Somehow this is MY fault.:mad:

Can you men PLEASE tell me how, whenever I get sent to Bunnings, it is my fault that Hubby has asked for the wrong thing. Then, in the case where he wants the right thing, there are several of them, all slightly different, and I have to ask him which particular one he wants, he gets shirty when I demand that he go there & choose himself. Do all men do this?? Why the heck can't he just go there & get exactly what he wants himself. Sheesh, I don't ask him to go to Spotlight for me.

LOL! He told me to leave him to do the job. I've just downed tools & gone inside. He can damn do it all.

Well it's my fault the lawnmower won't start apparently. So I'm with you Skater. I've come in to do this and pay bills and do paperwork and left him to it. (But I can still hear him!)

Grumpy poop!

This is exactly why when I have a job to do outside I usually call a friend & they come over & help & my partner keeps us sufficiently fed & watered. There is no way my partner & I would survive doing any stuff outside together - apart from gardening lol.

Cheers
Stella

h2.jpg

Guess how this grain harvestor got all beat up and mangled like this,...

h1.jpg

I don't know any details about this accident, or even if the driver survived.
Doesn't look like Australia. I'd say it was the US.

See ya's.

Next time I go to Bunnings I am going to ask for a sausage.

The profits of the sausages go to various charities or research. I gave to prostate cancer research yesterday :p.

You get your hardware, a sausage and do a good deed for the day.

Back