The offer / contract process

Hello SS forumites, I have another basic question on the correct procedure for making an offer and signing a contract on a property.

My main question is at what point I should get a conveyancer involved, before or after I sign off on an offer?

If it is after, then can/will the real estate agent help with the wording of any special conditions I include in the contract?

And finally - I read about people doing very in depth OFI checks on properties and I wonder is this done before making an offer? Or is it mostly just done before settlement to make sure everything is still in working order?

Any information and advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Seeing as you are new you really should involve a solicitor before you make an offer. The solicitor will review the contract of sale, alert you to any special conditions etc. They can also help you draft up an offer if you have any conditions attached to it, such as finance clauses etc.

my first purchase was with the conveyancer after i had put a deposit down
but never again get them to do the lot now
my conveyancer does 200% above and beyond what shes required to do, dont know the fees im charged but who cares when they look after you

Thanks for your responses everyone, being FIFO makes it difficult to organise some things while I am away.

I will look into a solicitor or conveyancer when I am home on Friday and in the mean time if I do make an offer on the place I am looking at I will be sure to put in Rolf's condition.

Much appreciated!

Back