The once in a lifetime deal that comes every month

In the past I have posted a few opportunities on the board. Opportunities which I found but could not take action on myself.

Recently I posted an opportunity regarding a house and land deal in Raymond Terrace. I do have an interest in that one as I think I made quite clear in the post. I have had a lot of local interest and many emails about this and I am quietly confident it will sell when we have contracts ready to go.

I often read peoples posts asking where to find positive geared opportunities or lower priced properties outside of Sydney.

My Agent friend has occassionally asked me to market her stock for her on the internet but I have told her that I will only publish something which I think may be of interest to other forum members by reason of price or return.

I want to repeat that I have no financial interest in this estate I am about to describe.

There is an estate just outside Maitland and next to the pretty and historic town of Morpeth. I don't know the full story but it has been partially sold and has 12 houses built. Nine belong to the developer and three are owner occupied. Apparently the developer has had some challenges and hence nothing has happened here for some time.

I believe that the partners have resolved their problems and the difficulties are now out of the picture. That's all that I feel I can repeat publicly.

What is of interest is that my Real Estate Agent friend has just been asked to offload everything. She has been given the original pricelist with a very small markup.

This is just one of the nine homes for sale.

"One year old home, 5 bedroom and study, triple garage, aircon etc etc on 652 m2. Priced at $278 000. Currently rented for $320pw."

I spoke to one of the residents who bought a smaller home when they were all built. She paid $260 000. By coincidence she had a assessment done by Dowling Real Estate just last week and they suggested todays market value is $310 000. I believe that this is not as good a home as the one above.

If anyone wants to follow this up just drop me an email with a contact number which I will pass it to the agent concerned.

Have fun,

Answer to Sim

Sim,

Sorry I forget that we are not all locals. It is an area to the West of Newcastle. Probably 20 minutes drive and on the edge of the Hunter Valley Wine area.

I am sorry I don't know any more details of the house. I am not really involved in selling them. But for you I will make a call.

Thanks for waiting, she tells me it is 245 sqm

Cheers,

Simon - I dont have a question but I just wanted to comment on how your post was worded.... its great.

Now if only all the first post marketers would do the same thing !

Back