The only way to achieve success is to have a strong self esteem

Your right have a strong self-esteem may not be enough, however with a low self esteem you may never get started.
???? With high self esteem you may never get started.
I find it is the p[eople with high esteem who get cocky, over confident, see things through rose coloured glasses and dont fully consider all the negatives are the people who find thgemselves in strife. People with more normal or lower estem have more fear of fallure and feel they have something to prove and will be more realistic and dilligent and plan for negatives and be just as likley or more likely to succeed.

I find it is the p[eople with high esteem who get cocky, over confident, see things through rose coloured glasses and dont fully consider all the negatives are the people who find thgemselves in strife. People with more normal or lower estem have more fear of fallure and feel they have something to prove and will be more realistic and dilligent and plan for negatives and be just as likley or more likely to succeed.

Sorry, but I don't agree with your perspective at all !

Self esteem is nothing like that.

It is inner comfort with one's self, and inner confidence that you can achieve things.

You can have high self esteem without being a tool.

Over confidence and cockiness, rose coloured glasses, something to prove etc - as you say - are possibly present with someone with high self esteem, but not necessarily so.

Self esteem is nothing like that.

It is inner comfort with one's self, and inner confidence that you can achieve things.

You can have high self esteem without being a tool.

Over confidence and cockiness, rose coloured glasses, something to prove etc - as you say - are possibly present with someone with high self esteem, but not necessarily so.

Yep.

Having a high self esteem is about having faith in your own abilities and being confident within your self.

Arrogance is something different.

They appear to have high self esteem, when infact it is usually a fragile ego that they have.

Think of the narcassist who exhibits similar traits for the sole purpose of impressing to gain admiration, so they can validate their self worth.

You may be confused with people who suffer from low self esteem. the over confidence could be a mask on the outside hiding whats really going on inside.

Hey Nigel, there's a typo in your signature.

if nigel has good self esteem he will take that feedback in his stride and consider how he can further improve his signature without it sending him into a negative spiral of self doubt and depression. If he doesn't then you just broke him.

nigel? r u ok?

Back