The Wealth Report 2012

This thread is quite sad.

Sad on so many levels.

Sad in what way? Discussion of the world's super wealthy or the fact that most wealthy guys have hot partners / mistresses younger than themselves?

If you read this board, forum or even this particular thread then making money holds some interest even if you don't post. But if you find it "sad" then don't read or whinge about it.. go to the whinge thread and vent there (i think it's in the coffee lounge). If you find capitalism sad then i suggest you registered on the wrong board because this one is about making money through property investment.

I'm now in the Philippines diving with whale sharks (amazing experience) and have come across many switched on beautiful young women here who i'd consider a relationship with. Lang Hancock married a Philippino at the height of his wealth/power which says something. His daughter Gina Rinehart is now the richest woman on the planet with 28 billion. Some say she's potentially the richest person on earth.

The guys posting on Somersoft like myself are regular guys trying to make our lives better through investing. It's unlikely any members here will become centa millionaires but most of us find it interesting to read about the super wealthy with more than US$100 million in assets (not including PPOR) and what they do with their wealth.

Sad in what way? Discussion of the world's super wealthy or the fact that most wealthy guys have hot partners / mistresses younger than themselves?

If you read this board, forum or even this particular thread then making money holds some interest even if you don't post. But if you find it "sad" then don't read or whinge about it.. go to the whinge thread and vent there (i think it's in the coffee lounge). If you find capitalism sad then i suggest you registered on the wrong board because this one is about making money through property investment.

I'm now in the Philippines diving with whale sharks (amazing experience) and have come across many switched on beautiful young women here who i'd consider a relationship with. Lang Hancock married a Philippino at the height of his wealth/power which says something. His daughter Gina Rinehart is now the richest woman on the planet with 28 billion. Some say she's potentially the richest person on earth.

The guys posting on Somersoft like myself are regular guys trying to make our lives better through investing. It's unlikely any members here will become centa millionaires but most of us find it interesting to read about the super wealthy with more than US$100 million in assets (not including PPOR) and what they do with their wealth.

Very well said. By studying the hot partners of the wealthy, regular guys and gals may be more motivated to achieve more in life. Something to aspire to. There is no point in studying the habits of uber skanks living in Blacktown. Although most aussies cannot get to 100 mill in assets ever, we may as well try to get closer.

I can't agree with you about pino ladies. You will not find them fronting the latest dior or estee lauder campaign. Not even in the phillipines.

The much younger partner thing strikes me as being an ego trip, though it's probably based on a hard-wired evolutionary preference.

I'd agree with Shuggy that there are equally valid options that don't fit into the young, hot blonde mould. I went on a couple of dates with a Ghanian girl last summer, which unfortunately didn't work out. She had just set up a small consulting company, and had at least one IP, so would have fit in around here. :D

As for spare tyres, they're not impossible to shift. Weight loss is a function of expending more energy than you consume, and a billionaire could afford to hire a full time dietician and trainer to knock the weight off. Oh, and I've lost about 8 to 10 kg in the last year without the benefit of these.

The much younger partner thing strikes me as being an ego trip, though it's probably based on a hard-wired evolutionary preference.

I'd agree with Shuggy that there are equally valid options that don't fit into the young, hot blonde mould. I went on a couple of dates with a Ghanian girl last summer, which unfortunately didn't work out. She had just set up a small consulting company, and had at least one IP, so would have fit in around here. :D

As for spare tyres, they're not impossible to shift. Weight loss is a function of expending more energy than you consume, and a billionaire could afford to hire a full time dietician and trainer to knock the weight off. Oh, and I've lost about 8 to 10 kg in the last year without the benefit of these.

The young hot blonde is probably the most accepted universal status symbol. A bit like a rolls royce or a rolex. Sure there are other options but I would question their universal status.

The difficulty with spare tyres is that they are the hardest area of weight to loss. You can lose weight with exercise but the first to go will be other parts of the body.

The young hot blonde is probably the most accepted universal status symbol. A bit like a rolls royce or a rolex. Sure there are other options but I would question their universal status.

Rolex i reckon is for people perceived to be aged 40+ and above- younger generations 20-30s would wear bell&ross, tag etc. So if you were successful - you may not necessarily buy a rolex.

Rolex i reckon is for people perceived to be aged 40+ and above- younger generations 20-30s would wear bell&ross, tag etc. So if you were successful - you may not necessarily buy a rolex.

Sure but if you were living in abject poverty you would not buy a rolex at all. Similar to the hot young blond. If you were an old man living in abject poverty, you will not be able to attract a hot young blond. Hence our point about universal status symbols.

Sure but if you were living in abject poverty you would not buy a rolex at all. Similar to the hot young blond. If you were an old man living in abject poverty, you will not be able to attract a hot young blond. Hence our point about universal status symbols.

Nah man - affordabilty aside what i am saying is rolex is for an oldie and not necessarily a universal status symbol. as younger generations who achieve wealth may not necessarily wear a rolex.

Nah man - affordabilty aside what i am saying is rolex is for an oldie and not necessarily a universal status symbol. as younger generations who achieve wealth may not necessarily wear a rolex.

True but despite what the young person wears, the young person should still be aware that a rolex is a symbol of wealth just as you are aware that only the wealthy own a rolls royce or a house in the Hamptons.

You ask me why I find this thread sad then proceed to tell me that if I don't like the thread I should not whinge about it. So I'll assume your question was rhetorical and leave it at that :)

Flavio Briatore, Berlusconi, Woody Allen, Ron Wood, Hugh Hefner ... older men who attract much younger women. Love or pure interest?

Link

briatore-422x500.jpg

Ekaterina-Ivanova-ronnie-woods.jpg

Berlusconi-Ruby.jpg

hugh-hefner-y-cristal-harris.jpg

All these guys are old, wealthy and powerful. They have earned their hot young blond and are worthy owners of such amazing status symbols.

All these guys are old, wealthy and powerful. They have earned their hot young blond and are worthy owners of such amazing status symbols.

WTF?

More like they want to still be teenagers and don't want to grow up, whilst the young things are gold diggers or were never loved my their fathers and have a daddy complex.

Both cases scream some sort of mental defect.

so when you getting your blonde china that's the real question :D

Thats the real problem here. The answer is probably never. If we put a monetary value on the amount necessary to get a hot blonde twenty years younger than the man, I reckon you need to be worth at least 50 mil. I just cannot see how that is achievable. From recent readings, there would only be about 20000 aussies that have this kind of wealth, just 0.1% of the population. Even if you win the Powerball / Lotto, you still cannot achieve the young blond hottie.

You ask me why I find this thread sad then proceed to tell me that if I don't like the thread I should not whinge about it. So I'll assume your question was rhetorical and leave it at that :)

It's always tricky trying to defend the indefensible : )

Back