The Wealth Report 2012

It's always tricky trying to defend the indefensible : )

No. I just didn’t feel much like playing ping-pong. But I’ll bite and tell you why I think this thread is sad.

The disgustingly sexist, racist and classist comments aside, this thread is essentially trashy, tabloidy, celebrity-worship. Posting pictures of wealthy geriatrics with their augmented wives/girlfriends/mistresses/callgirls is the male’s equivalent of discussing the dietary requirements of emaciated actresses.

Sad in what way? Discussion of the world's super wealthy or the fact that most wealthy guys have hot partners / mistresses younger than themselves?

If you read this board, forum or even this particular thread then making money holds some interest even if you don't post. But if you find it "sad" then don't read or whinge about it.. go to the whinge thread and vent there (i think it's in the coffee lounge). If you find capitalism sad then i suggest you registered on the wrong board because this one is about making money through property investment.

I'm now in the Philippines diving with whale sharks (amazing experience) and have come across many switched on beautiful young women here who i'd consider a relationship with. Lang Hancock married a Philippino at the height of his wealth/power which says something. His daughter Gina Rinehart is now the richest woman on the planet with 28 billion. Some say she's potentially the richest person on earth.

The guys posting on Somersoft like myself are regular guys trying to make our lives better through investing. It's unlikely any members here will become centa millionaires but most of us find it interesting to read about the super wealthy with more than US$100 million in assets (not including PPOR) and what they do with their wealth.

What a spectacularly obtuse non sequitur.

Because I’m not into debating the correlation between a woman’s dinner tab and her value as a trophy wife/girlfriend/mistress/callgirl I’m anti-capitalist?

And thank you for that fascinating tidbit about swimming with sharks. As they say, cool story, bro.

Also, thank you for explaining that you’re open to a relationship with a Filipina. I’ll sleep easier at night just knowing that.

I don’t know why you’re talking about Gina Rinehart. You say she’s potentially the richest person on Earth. I guess the real question is why aren’t you discussing her choice of husband/boyfriend/cabanaboy/gigolo? But we all know the answer to that.

Now feel free to accuse me of whinging.

All these guys are old, wealthy and powerful. They have earned their hot young blond and are worthy owners of such amazing status symbols.

The girls might be amazing but not necessarily a status symbol - not to me anyway..

If anything - and this might be an Aussie mindset - I think it makes them (the old guys) look more of a joke.

To me; the wealthy, successful (not always wealthy to be successful by the way) man is the one who is also very stable, comfortable in his own skin without need to show off and be garish.

Blokes like Bill Gates and Wazza Buffet - still with the same wife (as far as I know) and fly very under the radar - as much as is possible given their position.

Now; that's quality, power, class and success IMHO...growing old gracefully.

No. I just didn’t feel much like playing ping-pong. But I’ll bite and tell you why I think this thread is sad.

The disgustingly sexist, racist and classist comments aside, this thread is essentially trashy, tabloidy, celebrity-worship. Posting pictures of wealthy geriatrics with their augmented wives/girlfriends/mistresses/callgirls is the male’s equivalent of discussing the dietary requirements of emaciated actresses.

What a spectacularly obtuse non sequitur.

Because I’m not into debating the correlation between a woman’s dinner tab and her value as a trophy wife/girlfriend/mistress/callgirl I’m anti-capitalist?

And thank you for that fascinating tidbit about swimming with sharks. As they say, cool story, bro.

Also, thank you for explaining that you’re open to a relationship with a Filipina. I’ll sleep easier at night just knowing that.

I don’t know why you’re talking about Gina Rinehart. You say she’s potentially the richest person on Earth. I guess the real question is why aren’t you discussing her choice of husband/boyfriend/cabanaboy/gigolo? But we all know the answer to that.

Now feel free to accuse me of whinging.

Whoa, it must be that time of the month !!

PS: you are incorrect about everything you wrote.

The girls might be amazing but not necessarily a status symbol - not to me anyway..

If anything - and this might be an Aussie mindset - I think it makes them (the old guys) look more of a joke.

To me; the wealthy, successful (not always wealthy to be successful by the way) man is the one who is also very stable, comfortable in his own skin without need to show off and be garish.

Blokes like Bill Gates and Wazza Buffet - still with the same wife (as far as I know) and fly very under the radar - as much as is possible given their position.

Now; that's quality, power, class and success IMHO...growing old gracefully.

These amazing girls are definitely status symbols as they are only available to men who have a lot of bucks and therefore bang for the bucks. Your average 60 year old man does not walk around with a young blonde of model looks. This means that you have reached a certain status in life to possess one. In many ways, it is the ultimate status symbol because as an elderly person on your way to the grave - you still manage to attract the best of youth. Much harder to achieve than a mere lamborghini and should be recognised as a pinnacle of achievement - much like someone who wins the Nobel prize or an olympic medal.

FYI, Wazza Buffett has long been in an open relationship with his wife, meaning that he publicly walks around with his mistress and his xmas cards are signed by him, his wife and the mistress.

Many media empires have been built based on such discussions.You are criticising the masses in quite an elitist fashion. We should not all pretend to be egalitarian tofu eating erudites practising bikram yoga whilst secretly sneaking a look the latest hottie to grace a distinguished man's arm.

Much harder to achieve than a mere lamborghini and should be recognised as a pinnacle of achievement - much like someone who wins the Nobel prize or an olympic medal.

interesting take.

Id take a punt and state this is statistically incorrect :) by at least a couple of orders of magnitude.

as to the should.........

As Tony Robbins says, be careful with "shoulds" because you should have all over yourself.

ta
rolf

Last edited:
interesting take.

Id take a punt and state this is statistically incorrect :) by at least a couple of orders of magnitude.

as to the should.........

As Tony Robbins says, be careful with "shoulds" because you should have all over yourself.

ta
rolf

But a mighty fine achievement nonetheless. Nothing to be sneezed at. Something to aspire to.

Many media empires have been built based on such discussions.You are criticising the masses in quite an elitist fashion. We should not all pretend to be egalitarian tofu eating erudites practising bikram yoga whilst secretly sneaking a look the latest hottie to grace a distinguished man's arm.

I do like tofu, how did you know? But I’m not really into yoga. It’s a bit too faddish, celebrity-ish even, for my liking.

But OK, I’ll partake in the analysing of rich men’s choice of women. I wouldn’t want to appear elitist now, would I? (although, isn't that why we all want to be rich? to be elite?)

FYI, Wazza Buffett has long been in an open relationship with his wife, meaning that he publicly walks around with his mistress and his xmas cards are signed by him, his wife and the mistress.

In the 1970s Buffett’s wife of 25 years left him. The separation was amicable and they never officially divorced. His wife, before leaving him, had arranged for him to meet a friend of hers. He and the friend (the so-called mistress) began dating after the separation, living as partners for 30 years before marrying in 2006 after his wife’s death. They’re in the same age bracket and she is by no means a trophy. The three were very close and it is true that they signed Christmas cards together, but to call his partner a mistress is misleading considering he and his wife were for decades separated.

Here is a photo of Buffett with his current wife (the former 'mistress'). Not quite so exciting some of the previously posted photos, I concede.

an-open-marriage-kinda.jpg

Last edited:
In many ways, it is the ultimate status symbol because as an elderly person on your way to the grave - you still manage to attract the best of youth.
Just to clarify; it is not YOU she is attracted to.

I'll give you one guess what it is.

I will concede - before you pull it out as a stat like it is the majority of situations - there is a very, very, very small percent of them who actually do marry for love and the man himself....

I wouldn't call it "the best of youth" either....unless they donate all their acquired new wealth to deserving charitable causes around the world, or a few schools and hospitals etc..

This is what wealth is really for, once you have enough to spend on yourself and never run out.

The best of youth is the boy/girl who aspires to be a life-saving physician of some kind, and volunteers to do a few years of voluntary work helping the far less fortunate...someone selfless and world-changing for the better, or the superstar sports person who isn't all about themselves and full of attitude and "look at me"; they are out there using their fame and fortune to help other kids/people, to give back to the sport and their community, and so on.

Just to clarify; it is not YOU she is attracted to.

I'll give you one guess what it is.

I will concede - before you pull it out as a stat like it is the majority of situations - there is a very, very, very small percent of them who actually do marry for love and the man himself....

I wouldn't call it "the best of youth" either....unless they donate all their acquired new wealth to deserving charitable causes around the world, or a few schools and hospitals etc..

This is what wealth is really for, once you have enough to spend on yourself and never run out.

The best of youth is the boy/girl who aspires to be a life-saving physician of some kind, and volunteers to do a few years of voluntary work helping the far less fortunate...someone selfless and world-changing for the better, or the superstar sports person who isn't all about themselves and full of attitude and "look at me"; they are out there using their fame and fortune to help other kids/people, to give back to the sport and their community, and so on.

We really do not know for sure about what really attracts a young hottie to a wealthy old man. We assume that the young hottie likes his money, fame and power. However, although this may form the basis of the initial attraction, she may then like him for his wisdom and life experience. Just like we men may initially notice a woman for her long legs, we may then grow to like them for their personality. Or our assumptions may be wrong altogether and the young hottie likes the wealthy old man for his personality. I would love to see stats on this matter but have been unable to find such.

I do like tofu, how did you know? But I’m not really into yoga. It’s a bit too faddish, celebrity-ish even, for my liking.

But OK, I’ll partake in the analysing of rich men’s choice of women. I wouldn’t want to appear elitist now, would I? (although, isn't that why we all want to be rich? to be elite?)
I think it's cute when you continue trying to defend the indefensible :)

but who is smarter. that podgy, old man who has to pay to keep that woman around or the younger fitter but much poorer pilates instructor her husband is paying to teach her but also playing around with her for free. as they say a fool and his money are soon parted.

but who is smarter. that podgy, old man who has to pay to keep that woman around or the younger fitter but much poorer pilates instructor her husband is paying to teach her but also playing around with her for free. as they say a fool and his money are soon parted.

I think both the woman and pilates instructor would be dismissed if caught playing around. The podgy old man as long as he has his wits about him should still be in control.

thats the point he only has control because he has money. so money us what makes him attractive as oppossed to any other quality. that is no different than a woman who stays withbyou because you beat her and threaten to kill her family is she leaves. yes it gives you control but a pretty sad existence. how would you feel if you realised your friends and partners were only with you because of your money. what a depressing life.

I think both the woman and pilates instructor would be dismissed if caught playing around. The podgy old man as long as he has his wits about him should still be in control.
Maybe he is smater then you think,the pilates-person is just a subbie doing a "JOB" that podgy old Man has no longer time for,While the "OLDMAN" is out doing things that excite him,and as you will findout in time China "sex" is only one part of life and if you spend all your life trying to find it what a waste of time..

Last edited:
Maybe he is smater then you think,the pilates-person is just a subbie doing a "JOB" that podgy old Man has no longer time for,While the "OLDMAN" is out doing things that excite him,and as you will out in time China "sex" is only one part of life and if you spend all your life trying to find it what a waste of time..

There are certain jobs that should not be left to subbies.

how abt those soviet russian women that are mail order. and don trump had one of those too which he had kids with.
how about rupert murdoch?
seems like you stating your preference of women - try heading to china and see if those mililonaires prefer white or asian women.

No she was not Russian she was Czech. I would get the facts right before passing opinions.
Anyway it's interesting how the original thread progressed to these comments...
So getting back to the original tread I like point 4 (Investing commercial in Poland), yet I would point out is not as easy as in Australia.
You have to deal with the unrefined real estate laws, corruption, different economy and one to consider - different mentality of the people you deal with. Good luck to that!:)

Back