the Whinge thread

Actors, past polies and all these celebrities etc trying to push there views across to the public like (Climate Change)
Are these people think there more intellegant than the rest of us
I say P off

SENIOR

"Are female bosses a good idea or not?" . . . and admin staff get the blame.

What are you saying here, you blatant b******?

I demand a full and public account from you, unworthy PA, in the interests of every miscreant who ever constantly listens to advertising-puffed radio shows and believes everything they hear, don't think they believe everything they hear, would like to hear everything they believe, and might hear if they believed they weren't being harangued by constantly loud radio noise!

What IS the world coming to with people like you on the air? Pffttt!

My whinge - Being 34 weeks pregnant, having heartburn from hell that nothing seems to help..and knowing I have to put up with it for another 6weeks....argggghhhh

At least in 6 weeks there will be something wonderful to celebrate!

My whinge - Being 34 weeks pregnant, having heartburn from hell that nothing seems to help..and knowing I have to put up with it for another 6weeks....argggghhhh

I feel your pain! I am 29 weeks and have had to get over my dislike of shopping to buy a new wardrobe that I will only wear for 3 months. I feel like a whale, which my husband thinks is pretty funny. He loves to make me feel better by joking that I am like a "cargo ship turning around" when I turn over in bed.:mad:

Being locked out of phone banking due to forgetting security code and not being able to identified by the operator!

Worse still, I have to fill out a form, provide heaps of id and take it to a Justice of the Peace for signing before being allowed to access it again!

The operator obviously isn't a property investor and asked me to tell her the date the payment for one particular loan comes out of my account. Having at least 6 loans with her (as I explained) I couldn't accurately tell her the date of the particular loan in question. That was it - for her anyway - on goes the lock, no more discussion to be entered into!

Jeans!

With 2kg still to lose and the only jeans I own that fit being light brown and light grey (ugh) I bit the bullet and bought 2 pairs of new black and blue jeans from a proper jeans shop for a suitably high 3 figure number (they were on special).

This is after trying on heaps of jeans in department stores and finding out that the smallest size they stock flaps around something severe in the waist, and not being able to find any on ebay in the right dimensions either other than Versace and I'm not paying *that* much for jeans off the internet.

Amazingly JeansWest stocks "curve embracer" jeans that are 1.5 sizes bigger in the bum than the waist and they were a perfect fit. But, here's the kicker ... I have two kilos to lose. That's one jeans size. So I can just come back later and buy one size down, right? Noooooo ....

I BOUGHT THE SMALLEST SIZE :mad:

But all the godawful straight up and down waist flappy styles for women without bums ... THEY come in a size 6. Stupid bloody useless jeans manufacturers.

Also, when did jeans change sizes? I've always been a size 8-10. I have a cupboard full of jeans clearly labelled size 8 that are too small, which is why I had to go out and buy me some fat jeans. But jeans in the shops in an 8 are all too big for me. Who moved the freakin jeans size goalposts?!?!

Anyway, I now have a pair of skintight black jeans, black top, black leather necklace, black Demonia boots and a black Violent Delights trenchcoat. I'm going to go embarrass myself and Miss 10 by wearing all of those at once to her arts evening tonight :cool:

Jeans!

With 2kg still to lose and the only jeans I own that fit being light brown and light grey (ugh) I bit the bullet and bought 2 pairs of new black and blue jeans from a proper jeans shop for a suitably high 3 figure number (they were on special).

This is after trying on heaps of jeans in department stores and finding out that the smallest size they stock flaps around something severe in the waist, and not being able to find any on ebay in the right dimensions either other than Versace and I'm not paying *that* much for jeans off the internet.

Amazingly JeansWest stocks "curve embracer" jeans that are 1.5 sizes bigger in the bum than the waist and they were a perfect fit. But, here's the kicker ... I have two kilos to lose. That's one jeans size. So I can just come back later and buy one size down, right? Noooooo ....

I BOUGHT THE SMALLEST SIZE :mad:

But all the godawful straight up and down waist flappy styles for women without bums ... THEY come in a size 6. Stupid bloody useless jeans manufacturers.

Also, when did jeans change sizes? I've always been a size 8-10. I have a cupboard full of jeans clearly labelled size 8 that are too small, which is why I had to go out and buy me some fat jeans. But jeans in the shops in an 8 are all too big for me. Who moved the freakin jeans size goalposts?!?!

Anyway, I now have a pair of skintight black jeans, black top, black leather necklace, black Demonia boots and a black Violent Delights trenchcoat. I'm going to go embarrass myself and Miss 10 by wearing all of those at once to her arts evening tonight :cool:

Thats alot of black - name change to emoelf to come?

Automatic self scanning and check-out at Woolworths.

Each time I have scanned my own products (6 separate ocassions), the system has required intervention from one of their staff members, making the whole process slower. Even worse when you are shopping late and you are looking for someone who has authorisation to reset the system for you. I'll just use the humans from now on.

I've successfully used the Woolies self checkout for a couple of items but last week had a trolley full and decided I would be quicker than the long queues at the "manned" checkouts. How silly of me :rolleyes:.

The scanner spat the dummy at LEAST a dozen times. I had quite a rapport with the supervisor by the time I was through, and the queues I thought I would avoid had long gone.

I wonder if they will give up on the idea or continue on with it. It is fairly clunky once the scanner decides to spit the dummy.

Not sure what you mean???

I built up a rapport with her. We were joking with each other to save the embarrassment of calling her over AGAIN when the machine decided I had not put anything into the bag (though I had).

Have I made an embarrassing gaff!:confused:

A gaff? Not at all, Wylie. I took your 'rapport' to be absolutely pure sarcastic understatement, even though I suspect now you may not have intended it to be read that way. My bad for being such a cynic, if anything.

Thanks Belbo. I really was embarrassed by having to call her over, at least a dozen times and the only way I could save a bit of embarrassment was to make jokes with her. She actually spent the whole time walking between the dozen self-serve checkouts and I think she was probably totally fed up with it. I suspect Woolies might rip them out because if customers don't use them because they are such a PITA, they will queue with the "manned" checkouts, of which there are now less because of this new technology taking up the space of probably four "normal" checkouts. Longer queues, nobody using the self-serve... recipe for cranky customers, methinks.

And don't worry, my default position is sarcasm and cynicism too :D.

I liken it to when Commbank introduced (from memory) six automatic teller machines. The trade off (again, from memory) was rostered days off but we had to work extra time... at least that was the theory. The reality was that those of us suckers in admin or head office departments got to work extra to "earn" our RDOs but the lucky ones in the branches didn't have to.

I was working on the mezzanine floor at the time, part of the large family but those of us "lucky" enough to be in the lending area got to start work at 8.06am (instead of 8.45am) and finish at 5.00pm whilst looking over the mezzanine at the branch staff who were allowed to leave once they balanced (sometimes before 4pm).

I thought at the time that it was a poor trade off, especially and "this will never take off" :p:D

I've successfully used the Woolies self checkout for a couple of items but last week had a trolley full and decided I would be quicker than the long queues at the "manned" checkouts. How silly of me :rolleyes:.

The scanner spat the dummy at LEAST a dozen times. I had quite a rapport with the supervisor by the time I was through, and the queues I thought I would avoid had long gone.

I wonder if they will give up on the idea or continue on with it. It is fairly clunky once the scanner decides to spit the dummy.

I used the self checkout a few times in Walmart while in the YOOESSSAAAY.

Once you got the hang of it it was easy, and there was noone on it.

Just another way for Cumpanees to pay less staff for their service, and cost more jobs.

So, don't use them.

Was thinking about Rumpled Elf's post about clothing sizes and just noticed that today I am wearing size 8 Katies jeans and size 14 knickers :eek:.

How on earth can we buy on the internet when I can be wearing a size 8 and a size 14 at the same time?

Was thinking about Rumpled Elf's post about clothing sizes and just noticed that today I am wearing size 8 Katies jeans and size 14 knickers :eek:.

How on earth can we buy on the internet when I can be wearing a size 8 and a size 14 at the same time?

You don't buy those types of items you aren ot familar with ?

Not everyhing you buy is a surprise, peopel become familiar with the details of some items - they are the types of things I'd buy online

e.g. I have bought and wear a pair of Lee jeans from a local store.. online I see another pair for about 1/8th of the price, in need of a other pai rof jeans I bought them.

No one said you HAVE to buy either everything or nothing online

Yeah I get it Jaycee. I was just having a whinge :D

I do buy things on line that I KNOW will fit me because I have already got some of the same brand or make, but sometimes I see something that I think is worth the risk of buying without knowing if the sizing is bigger or smaller than normal, whatever "normal" is. Mostly with shoes, I have got the sizing right, but other times I have bought the wrong size and had to sell it or give it away, depending on how generous I'm feeling.

There's being familiar with something and then the familiar thing changing.

I have heaps of size 8 jeans from jeanswest here, been buying them for maybe 10 years. Since they are too small I was expecting to need a size 9. But since I bought the last pair they've changed 8 to 6. Should have twigged when I bought my last pair of fat jeans from Target and they are an 8 and they are closer to a 10 or 12 relative to what I already own.

I only really noticed this when I found a disconnect between jeans size and waist size on eBay looking for cheap secondhand fat jeans.

Underwear size hasn't changed in forever though while outerwear creeps up.

Wait for all the comments on news.com.au blogs to change from "I'll only bonk a girl who's a size 8" to 6 and you'll know the size change has made it mainstream :D

Yeah I get it Jaycee. I was just having a whinge :D

I do buy things on line that I KNOW will fit me because I have already got some of the same brand or make, but sometimes I see something that I think is worth the risk of buying without knowing if the sizing is bigger or smaller than normal, whatever "normal" is. Mostly with shoes, I have got the sizing right, but other times I have bought the wrong size and had to sell it or give it away, depending on how generous I'm feeling.

I must admit,I did forget which thread I was replying to !:p

I've bought very little, but so far have been really happy with, excpet 1 shirt form ebay which didn;t fit, I gave that away.. but the leather italian shoes for $58 delivered, which retail at $249 for example are a treat.. in fact, I'm wearing them now....

Back