Totally appauled of some people's behaviour

Yes, rather sad isn't it, on one hand you have good honest people of aboriginal descent quite happy to take their place in the modern world.

On the other you have the likes of those in Canberra, they have the snout in the trough for as much as possible and sit around and whinge all day.

I know who will be better off in 5-10 years time and the next generation of those living in todays world will look down on those who still sit around moaning poor bu**er me.

I have a couple of friends who are called coconuts when they attend land council meetings, sad really, my friends are driving their own cars, buying houses, kids attend school and doing well looking at Uni.

That is what I consider to be reconciliation, take advantage of what is being offered, don't sit back and whinge about it.

I don't know, from what I see of the photos there doesn't seem to be too many protesters near them. Maybe that's due to the efforts of security/police.

I don't know, from what I see of the photos there doesn't seem to be too many protesters near them. Maybe that's due to the efforts of security/police.

I saw the 9 coverage.. there were a whole bunch of protesters banging on the glass of the restaurant. the security guards told the PM that they thought she and Mr Abbott should leave. Once they left, there werent many people outside, but the ones they were seemed very aggressive. and once they got in the car, they started trying to stop the car.

I was ashamed that Aussies would treat the PM and Opposition leader like that, and the people who were being honoured... on Australia Day as well.

It even made me feel like using one of my most hated words... un-Australian

..and particularly the guy who was holding Gillards shoe like it was a trophy. Disgusting.... and a really bad reflection on the Aboriginals who had been protesting peacefully. a very sad day...

I actually disagree...at least it gave both Juliar and that Abbott a wake up call.

The way the Aboriginals are treated in country is a disgrace.....at least that would have given them coverage around the world.

Before making judgements....just look at how poorly Aboriginals are treated....politicians ignore them...the police treat them badly. :mad:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...sts-demand-abbott-apology-20120126-1qj0v.html

My biggest grievence is that it was at an awards ceremony honouring people that actually provide to society.

These people are an embarassment to the aboriginal cause and to Australia.

I actually disagree...at least it gave both Juliar and that Abbott a wake up call.

The way the Aboriginals are treated in country is a disgrace.....at least that would have given them coverage around the world.

Before making judgements....just look at how poorly Aboriginals are treated....politicians ignore them...the police treat them badly. :mad:

The tent embassy protesters are protesting because they are anti Australia day, not because of any mistreatment by anyone, or for being ignored :confused:.

What a cop-out sash. There is no excuse for treating your political leaders like that. Gillard, Abbott or anyone else. The fact that no one would be charged is just ridiculous.

I have been all over Oz Sash, most of those who are shown on TV as being treated poorly won't help themselves mate.

Example : There was a show "Around the Tropic of Capricorn" on SBS I think, they went to Uluru and showed the settlement where they all sit around drinking and fighting most of the time, they said this is how they live.

They did not even mention the fact that others from the same tribe actually run the whole area that Uluru is situated in, all the rangers, groundsmen etc are all aboriginal people. If you enter before dawn you are met by a ranger on the gate collecting your entry fee, aboriginal.

Don't believe all you see on TV, that is meant to stir trouble, the majority of people of aboriginal descent are far too busy getting on with life to be hanging around protest sites to get their picture taken.

Sash,

Do the aborigines do anything to help themselves make their life better? Other than complain about having everything taken from them?

Do the recent Occupy Melbourne protestors do anything to better their life apart from blaming others?

I get sick of people who constantly blame other people for their issues rather than taking responsibilty for their own actions.

And this behaviour just put their cause back 100 years.

I don't care what you think of the PM or any of our leaders - this behaviour is unacceptable and is more akin to savages who don't deserve a place in society.

That's ridiculous. What can both groups do in a practical sense to improve their situation? Not much. That's why they protest.

The average Joes of world were royally screwed by corporations and governments re the GFC, and Aborigines are screwed by everyone and always have been.

Sash,

Do the aborigines do anything to help themselves make their life better? Other than complain about having everything taken from them?

Do the recent Occupy Melbourne protestors do anything to better their life apart from blaming others?

I get sick of people who constantly blame other people for their issues rather than taking responsibilty for their own actions.

And this behaviour just put their cause back 100 years.

I don't care what you think of the PM or any of our leaders - this behaviour is unacceptable and is more akin to savages who don't deserve a place in society.

That's ridiculous. What can both groups do in a practical sense to improve their situation? Not much. That's why they protest.

The average Joes of world were royally screwed by corporations and governments re the GFC, and Aborigines are screwed by everyone and always have been.

C'mon evand.........I am an average Joe who works hard in an average 8-5 job, yet I wasn't screwed during the GFC....

And I take responsibility for the decisions that I make as to what to do with my life / money / etc. and don't blame other people for it. If I fail it will be my fault. People need to take responsibility for their lives. This ongoing and growing litigious society really gives me the sh&ts!

And are you condoning the actions of these ferals? Next they will be making a claim of police brutality......please!

If they put half as much effort into helping themselves as they do creating chaos they could probably do very well for themselves.

The situation for Aboriginals is very complex... there is clearly a big divide between their health/life expectancy etc and "white" Australians, and significant social issues and no solution seems to be particularly effective in resolving that.

But I dont think its true that politicians ignore them. There is money and time directed towards Aboriginals..... whether its used in the most effective way is questionable. But there is also significant waste by the recipients, and a "charity mentality" amongst some where they expect to get support/charity, rather than getting out and supporting themselves.

But, whatever the situation, I dont think there is any excuse for such bad behaviour and lack of respect.

I think they have set Aboriginal-"white" relations back years, and damaged their reputation and credibility.

its given a lot of publicity to the tent city people.

a different venue might have been a better choice for the award ceremony which was unrelated to the security incident.

especially since it was the 40 yr anniversary of the tent city.

the location of the tent city is pretty good. it can be very difficult to get a convenient camping place in canberra when there are events on like the floriade etc. some would like free camping with their caravans in just that spot, but it would not be allowed.

dramatic pictures of the pm being rescued without her shoe beamed around the world.

And are you condoning the actions of these ferals? Next they will be making a claim of police brutality......please!

Or it will be a claim they have been held back, by purposely keeping them on welfare.

Nothing will change until the generation that is school now, is forced to change. Their parents are probably a lost cause, unless they personally want to change their circumstances.

Politics is rife with the possibility people will be emotive 'about you/them/their/issues'. Even our media is capable of whipping themselves up into a frenzy, (ie Alan Jones calling for "Julia Gillard should be thrown out to sea in a chaff bag").
History tells us attacks on public figures are nothing unique, (of course we do not condone them).

Crowd behaviour can be complex, it's not specific to one group, it can be about war, economies, gender issues, taxes, animal/human rights issues, take your pick of what people can, and do protest about.

Many of us think the general 'behaviour' was unnecessary, you are talking about a crowd behaviour, it could have come from any person(s), any creed(s), color, economic situation.

Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott will back at their work today, going about their business, often it is indeed a thankless business/vocation and can get nasty, they can be vilified and verbally abused-from 'anywhere/anyone'. Even on internet forums. I don't think somehow either Julia or Tony would be giving much thought today about the event/behaviour, wanting to just get on with their jobs.

Crowd protestors and human behaviour will continue to (at times), become extreme. I haven't done any extensive research about specifically Aussie protestor behaviour, but it does seem mostly responsible.

Politics is rife with the possibility people will be emotive 'about you/them/their/issues'. Even our media is capable of whipping themselves up into a frenzy, (ie Alan Jones calling for "Julia Gillard should be thrown out to sea in a chaff bag").
History tells us attacks on public figures are nothing unique, (of course we do not condone them).

Crowd behaviour can be complex, it's not specific to one group, it can be about war, economies, gender issues, taxes, animal/human rights issues, take your pick of what people can, and do protest about.

Many of us think the general 'behaviour' was unnecessary, you are talking about a crowd behaviour, it could have come from any person(s), any creed(s), color, economic situation.

Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott will back at their work today, going about their business, often it is indeed a thankless business/vocation and can get nasty, they can be vilified and verbally abused-from 'anywhere/anyone'. Even on internet forums. I don't think somehow either Julia or Tony would be giving much thought today about the event/behaviour, wanting to just get on with their jobs.

Crowd protestors and human behaviour will continue to (at times), become extreme. I haven't done any extensive research about specifically Aussie protestor behaviour, but it does seem mostly responsible.

Yesterday was a good example of the fact that, sometimes, people are just dicks.

Back