Tradies for Redcliffe/Scarborough QLD?

Gday All!

I've had a look at the Recommend Tradies thread but can't see any for the Peninsula. And I'm assuming getting people to come out from Brisbane may charge a premium?

Does anyone have any recommendations for the Redcliffe/Scarborough area for the following tradies?

1) Electricians
2) Painters
3) Blinds
4) Plumbers

Thanks in advance!!!

hello there,

I've found that it is a good idea from my experience to stay away from the local newspapers when trying to find tradesmen. The way we do it is we either find a really good tradesman and asking for people who prefer to us or ask people have had project some of them if they wouldn't mind in giving you the names and phone numbers of the people who do the work.

Hope this helps,

Jason Moore

Painter - Decor Magic, Scarborough. Otherwise phone The Paint Place (Wattle) or Dulux shops in Kippa Ring / Redcliffe for recommendations on your requirement/time frame.

Sparky - I used Deception Bay electrical which may be a little out of the area for you. I got him from the local paper and was half the price of the one recommended by PM:rolleyes:.

I often use this link..

http://www.servicecentral.com.au/

Seabreeeze

I found that site useless, the tradies so unreliable. Once a couple of tradies put their name down to quote on the job the job is taken off the site. Rarely did the tradies turn up to quote - as you will see by the comments other people have made on these same people. Other areas may have more reliable tradies, but I would not waste my time waiting for people to turn up from the site again. I had one tradie put up his hand each time I listed the same job - never showed. I complained to Service Central as he was just preventing others from applying. I found the local paper much better.

Builders for Minor Renos in Scarborough

Gday all, any recommendations for builders for small reno projects that will manage the following?

- Floor Polishing
- Gyprock walls / Insulation
- Painting internal walls / ceiling
- Minor removals, demolishing, eg. tiles, remove stove
- Install doors, door locks
- Install basins / face washers
- Simple plumbing, eg. taps
- Minor electrical, eg. new light fittings

I used Beacon Lighting to organize an electrician to install a remote shutoff switch on our oven. The Redcliffe/sunny coast eleccy was great and did a good job and the price was all quoted by beacon over the phone when booking the job.

It was about a 2 hour job and cost $115

I was very happy with the overall job and will definately use them again.

Note: I am in no way associated with beacon lighting just a happy customer of their electrician service :)

Back