Trip Melb/Victoria

Meatball & wine co, chin chin, mamasitas are great Cbd eats. Just go at senior citizen time so you are not queuing up for hours! I'm food queen in Cbd.
Make sure you check out le petit gateau (not open weekends) and cafe vue (wagyu burger win) or bistro vue (French) if vue de monde is too $$$$.

Get on swanston street & Lt Collins. There is a crepe shop in a defunct magazine booth on the pavement. Amazinggggg and $5 for a chestnut or salted caramel crepe.

Tight a$$ dumplings place off the beaten trek on la trobe and Russell is my go to place for dumplings. Except they are closed on Sunday. Steamed xiao long bao, fried rice cakes and a dumpling noodle soup for less than $30 for my family of 4!

Yell out if you want specific cuisine recommendations.

I am taking notes on this, and yes been to Lygon in Carlton, any particular Italian Restaurant... this is all good, not sure about my waist line though, to hell with it, just going to enjoy the best of Melb

Cheers
MTR

If you are ever down our way, and if you like Indian food, you MUST go to Sharma's All Star Bar and Restaurant in Rosebud.

Great food, not expensive, loads of it, and the inimitable "Sorita" (owner and host) who will give you a very good John Cleese Basil Fawlty attitude serve most times.

She's scary....especially if you say you are paying by card. :D (she's actually a lovely lady when you pay cash).

Other places of interest down here;
*Point Nepean (must see).
http://www.visitvictoria.com/Region...ng/Mornington-Peninsula-Walk/Fort-Nepean-Walk
*Arthur's Seat Maze
*There is also a really cool walking track just near the entrance to The National Golf Club, where you can see literally hundreds of kangaroos almost every time you go there - called "Highfield Park" on Boneo rd. It's free.

Nepean Country Club is a good place to stay for families - very central to the whole Peninsula (don't know costs though).

* And of course; must come and visit us at our joint; have a sip and watch the boats, have a swim/spa. Accommodation is free, plenty of room, bring own bathers, bookings essential. Host is most amiable - unless the wine and beer runs out.

Last edited:
* And of course; must come and visit us at our joint; have a sip and watch the boats, have a swim/spa. Accommodation is free, plenty of room, bring own bathers, bookings essential. Host is most amiable - unless the wine and beer runs out.

Ok how's next weekend sounding for my mob to come down? :)

Back