Tub and tile paint.

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone has used Tub and Tile paint by White Knight?

I've just finished painting the bathroom tiles with their Tile paint, i was a bit reticent at first but was pleased with the result. I would recommend for anyone thinking of doing it to use a roller instead of a paintbrush though.

Anyway. Now I'm considering painting the old bathtub. It's a good old one with no chips or scratches. Just wondering what results have been achieved by anyone who's tried it?

we did a shower base with it.

It was bloody expensive cost about 60 bucks, it worked out ok, looks good in pictures and real life until you look closly.

I would use it in a pinch for a cheaper property anything else i would probably just replace the shower base if i was faced with teh same thing again.

I swear by the tile paint - awesome stuff.

Did a shower base once - not a great result. But that was with some 2-pack product that I probably didn't handle or apply appropriately.:eek:

I used it years ago on my kitchen splashback with good results. That in conjunction with some laminate paint on the 80's pine veneer kitchen cupboards was a cheap way to modernise the kitchen for what was a cheap end property.

Used the White Knight on my bathroom walls with good result, however decided against doing it on the floors. It may work out alright, but judging by the effect in the shower when water is running - I tend to think it would be slippery and not prepared to find out the hard way. I also think it would wear a lot quicker on floors, especially the shower floor or a bathtub.

Have used the tile paint on the floors of both ensuite and second toilet. This was 5+ years ago and still going strong. However, would agree that for a shower floor it would become slippery and dangerous.

have all people painted the tubs white color or some experimentation has been done in that regard as well?

Or is it that this white KNIGHT paint comes only in White color? :)

These are 2 different products. Tub & Tile is a 2 pack mix that comes in white for doing bathtubs. It could be used on tiles as well.

Tile paint is a paint that could be tinted up to any colour but you would not use it on a tub ( or floor tiles, though some have). Mainly used for wall tiles in good condition.

Back