turn glass wall into plaster?

one of my bedroom's walls is plaster..
the other wall is all wardrobe..
the other 2 walls are all glass - one of the glass walls looks out into the backyard, the other glass wall looks into the sunroom - there is also a sliding door that allows me to walk in and out of the sunroom..
there is another door that leads into the sunroom from my loungeroom..

suffice to say that during the winter months the house is freezing.. and in summer, my bedroom is a glasshouse..

i was thinking of removing the glass and the sliding door and plastering the whole wall.. the wall is close to 4 metres in length and the window drop is just over 350 cm..
either that or spending a small fortune on blinds etc..
another problem is that i really only have one wall in which to utilise - to place my furniture against, my mirror, etc..

if i choose to plaster the glass up, will it affect the value of the house?

Just put plaster board over the window - and remove if you want the window back.... believe it or not, a tenant did this to a roon in one of our IP's (without telling us of course!:().....

Cheers,

The Y-man

How tall are the windows?

Depending on their size, if you were to plaster it then you would have to remove the windows and replace them with a frame (studs and noggins).

This wouldnt be all that hard to do, but will add to the cost of the project.

As for the value of the house, well thats hard to say. It will depend if the window looks out to an area that is nice to look at.

thanks guys..
the windows have a 3.4 m drop (approx) and the total width of all the glass windows on this wall is approx 4.2 m..

the windows will eventually look into my revamped sunroom - when it gets done.. the glass on the windows are below regulation size too, under 3 mm..

and yes, i would have to remove the windows and replace them with a studded frame - which would still cost less than furnishing all the windows..

i did think about just placing plasterboard on top of the windows.. not sure how that would look though!

i'm just finding that i can't utilise my bedroom because of all the windows.. just concerned about whether or not it affects the value of the house..

You could put a smaller window in place of it and plaster the rest?

That way the view will still be there but giving you a more closed in feel. Are there any other windows in this room?

there are two walls of windows.. the other wall of windows looks into my backyard, which is actually quite pretty..
both walls are wide and high..

Well in that case I would just remove the window completely and plaster it up, since you already have another window.

In my opinion it would not effect the value of the house.

if would put a stud wall in,
it will not be load bearing so there is no need for any special timbers.
there will be a lintel above the windows if there to big any way.

pull the glass and framing out
build a basic stud wall to size, put it in and fix to existing wall, make is about 10mm smaller and use horse shoe packers so its easyer to get in.

then you have somthing secure nd stable to fix the plasterboard to and put in insulation if required.

Back