TV Antenna - do I need to pay for this?

Not sure if I should pay for this?....

PM said:
Not very good reception, not very good antenna and needs to be replaced for a better reception.. He quoted $357.50 this includes service call,labour, led flush kit,6 ft mast pole,HG 24 Digi Combo Antenna(wall) and a one splitter including GST.

If the reception is bad, yes, I'd replace it, because you have (presumably) a socket in the wall, and therefore the tenant is entitled to assume that there's an operating TV antenna.

If you can find someone who'll do it cheaper, great, but that's a separate issue as to whether it needs doing.

Legally, if there's any reception at all, then by the strictest letter of the law you may not have to, but gees, that's really pushing the letter of the law to its limits. It's a bit like having a hot water service with 10L capacity. Yes, technically, the property has hot water, but it's not of any reasonable usefulness.

Just get a better antenna installed, at the best price available.

Thanks for clarifying. Had other IPs by different PM but this PM has asked lot of stuffs to be fixed. So was wondering if it's overboard.

Okay, I will get it done.

I agree fully with Perp on this one.

$190 sounds suspiciously cheap to me - I would check that exactly the same thing is being quoted. If they are good tenants and you want to keep them, annoying them by fixing with a half measure is not the way to go.

Kind regards,
Jody

Back