TV & Movies - What are SS Members Watching

Nah, I've never listened to them. I watched High On Fire, Melvins (aka the greatest band of all time), Slash (they played a bunch of stuff off Appetite For Destruction, so that was cool) and a bit of Iron Maiden (the second greatest band of all time), who played The Trooper and a bunch of new stuff.... why can't bands just play the stuff everyone wants to hear? I ended up going home halfway through the set. After seeing them twice when they toured a few years ago and all they played was the classics, it was really disappointing.

I didn't go to Soundwave this year. I was going to, but Van Halen cancelled, so I didn't. They were the only band I wanted to see, just so I could say I'd seen Van Halen, so no great loss. Have you seen the line up for 2013? So weak.

Also, I saw High On Fire again a few weeks ago. Totally totally awesome. I strongly recommend listening to their new album De Vermis Mysteriis (and all the other ones, too!). The only way I can describe the sound is 'thundering'. Crazy good. Play it REALLY loud.

Nice! Not too many chicks that listen to good music, always rad to cross paths with women metallers. Gonna go hunt down a copy of that doco now.

agree re the melvins and iron maiden - but i'm an old skool girl :D i will check out hire on fire = and yeh, i can relate to 'thundering'.

let me know how you like the doco - a friend of mine did the sound for the film and travelled around with them for two years and loved them - all a bit bitter sweet : ) i didn't check out soundwave for 2013 as i knew i wouldn't be in oz for it - will see what's coming to euroland instead.

i like other music too - you'll hate this but my favourite artist is elliott smith :D :D

agree re the melvins and iron maiden

fonz.jpg

The last movie was on the flight to Australia in Sept.
It was MIB 3. Really enjoyed it..almost brought a tear to my eye at the end. :)

Since we are living in a van, we don't have a tv...but we play a lot of scrabble on our computers.

he's always been an oompa loompa! i am enjoying the new series - what will deb do next? what will dexter do next? it won't be them though, it will be some freaky unknown - i haven't read the books so its all a sweet mystery :)

Yeah, but in the latest episode, she is actually orange! I mean, it's bad enough that Dexter is a ranga these days, but Deb was already the worst, most annoying character in the series, now she's all that and has me singing oompa loompa songs in my head....

There's supposed to be a couple of new TV series coming which look interesting such as Vegas with Dennis Quaid and Arrow

I've been watching Beauty and the Beast on Iview.

Each episode pairs up a person with a facial disfigurement with a looks obsessed person.

In the first episode each learns a bit off each other.

In the second episode you want to stab the vacuous looks obsessed woman in the eye with her syringe that she carries in her handbag for emergency filling of wrinkles. She truly was the beast!

Some good shows out there to watch in any down time

Arrow
Elementary
The Following
Justified
Hell on Wheels
Last Resort
Zero Hour
Franklin & Bash

The wife likes

Downton Abbey
Hart of Dixie
How i met your mother

NYPD Blue
I shouldn't be alive
Forensic files
Selling Houses Australia
Grand Designs (AUS and UK)
The Project
Most little kids shows

The Walking Dead
Revolution
The Americans
Archer
Modern Family
Cougar Town
Transporter the Series

A bit of a mix of drama, horror, comedy & action.

Back