TV reception a build issue with new house?

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best place for this question but didn't know where else to put it. We have recently purchased a brand new townhouse and after being here a few weeks have found that we do not get channel 10 reception and an amplifier has not helped.

We weren't sure as it seems relatively minor but would something like this be expected to be working for a new property and therefore should be fixed by the builder?

Thanks for any responses

Are there any obstructions around?
Other buildings or you in a valley or similar?

Generally flat land, it's a two story townhouse with many similar around, nothing too big.

Also I realised it wasn't clear in the first statement, channel 10 hasn't worked the whole time, just tried a few things to fix it ourselves before checking whose responsibility it is.

Do you have your own independant aerial?
I'm no expert, just trying to help you figure this out.

There's a forum called DTV, they could give you great advice too, in regards to not receiving channel 10.

It may be an issue unrelated to the aerial and reception.

Do others in the complex have the same issue?

Are you on individual antennas or is there an MATV system covering all buildings in the complex?

Before contacting the builder, test your reception with a cheap pair of rabbits ears - if you manage to get channel 10, contact the builder. If you don't, then it is an issue with the tv or the reception in the area.

Do others in the complex have the same issue?

Are you on individual antennas or is there an MATV system covering all buildings in the complex?

Before contacting the builder, test your reception with a cheap pair of rabbits ears - if you manage to get channel 10, contact the builder. If you don't, then it is an issue with the tv or the reception in the area.

Thanks good idea with the rabbit ears, will check that. Its only a block of 3 with individual antennas and we are the first to move in, second moves in tomorrow so will ask them as well.

Will also check that other forum Ace

Thanks

Hi

In regards to low or bad channel ten reception, this can be caused by a number of issues.

If you want I do know someone who can come and look at it for you, he basically travels the country on an on-going basis doing antenna and satellite tv installations.

This person can quickly diagnose the issue with a spectrum analyser and give you a quote to fix the issue which could be anything from a replacement and more suitable antenna to a more suitable/higher quality small amplifier. I found some small amplifiers did more harm than good.

I was also in the antenna and satellite tv industry as a supplier for nearly 10 years but no longer in the game. Do you know if the local area you are in has any issues with Channel 10 reception?

Are there any other tv outlets that you can test for reception on channel 10?

Regards,

alicudi

thanks for all the tips, will try a few out.

I wouldn't think it would be the tv as that tv has been with me for 4 houses previously all with no issues.

If the amplifier isn't the issue, it could be that you require an attenuator to reduce the strength of the signal. I have issues with our signal having been too strong causing the picture to break up and drop out (we are within 2km of three tv towers at Ararmon, Willoughby & Chatswood.

Back