Two Amazing Men

That's an interesting comment PB, what's your reasoning behind this?
I'm not a fan of financial markets either.
Also, have you done much speculative landbanking in your investing career?
Thanks.
(Sorry, bit of topic)

Simple imo traded markets are high risk.
If your nett worth is $1mil, then you can go ahead and use 50k to trade shares.
If you can get it to 10%, then take out your gains and keep going, unless it represents 5% due to other assets going up.
the great thing about RE is it's just like those markets, but in slow motion.

landbanking?
Sure do!
My megadollar thread is the real thing.
And I have a few others owned for >10yrs.
---

HiEquity my story is kinda all over the forum in bits & pieces.
When I come out guns blazing against vendors & spruikers, it's generally because I see deja-vu & apparitions of thousands of dollars self combusting that were once mine and now their's or their associates. :(
I don't think anybody hands out money for nothing (not even Rudd!), and it don't come easy. And when it does seem easy... there's always a catch.
Blood, sweat, tears and sacrifice, for me and all the ppl I know anyway.
Look through my old posts as Beach Bum, interesting how many times I was "on the money"

re this amazing men thread.
can i just say it could be suggested that amazing is a subjective term in the eyes of the beholder?

a matter of opinion not fact.

no reflection on the 2 mentioned of course. people can make their opinions, and be allowed to express them.

if we just accept the views of others as to what reality is, surely that is a bit like the tale of the emperor has no clothes? only a child dared to say he is naked!

i like to see people get ahead and listening to others experiences can be valuable too.

being selective of what will be helpful and what to avoid is also important.
we are all different. i share the views of those who believe in social justice and therefore do not like to see people taken advantage of.
some so called amazing men in the past have not been as has been well documented. unfortunately some have been active in our area of interest.
reluctant to name but i think it is common knowledge.

just a few thoughts.
regards.

Simple imo traded markets are high risk.
If your nett worth is $1mil, then you can go ahead and use 50k to trade shares.
If you can get it to 10%, then take out your gains and keep going, unless it represents 5% due to other assets going up.
the great thing about RE is it's just like those markets, but in slow motion.

landbanking?
Sure do!
My megadollar thread is the real thing.
And I have a few others owned for >10yrs.

Thanks, I agree and it's been said before that RE is a slow moving target.

Re. landbanking, continued here...

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55548

Last edited:
Ok, lemme back track and repeat that I posted on another thread that I think Rob is way above ordinary. And since I think that nobody gives it away, he's good enough to be worth it.
And yes, it does take guts to get out there and do it.
I don't think nobody will argue these points, only the finer details.

I remember 15 years ago a person who was on ~70K yr wage tell me $30-50 a week was more than they could afford to buy a house, and that they would wait for a pay rise :confused:
And yep, they paid double many years later.
I remember many others on those types who never bought anything.
Couples earning >40k each etc etc and never had any money.
Where the $$ went beats the hell outa me :confused:
I had many arguments in the 90's about negative gearing being a loss, which is right. But my side was "don't blow your $$, save up and make it positive and let someone else pay it off".
And yup, these people all bought at the top of the market and many are now counting their losses. "RE does'nt work", "shares are for crooks" "how come you never work?" "Did I wake you? It's 10am!?"

Originally Posted by Piston Broke View Post
wylie, being able to contribute 3k a month to bank payments is not "ordinary" for most ordinary folk.

Do you mean here ?

I still didn't say anything about contributing $3K a month being "ordinary". I said my thoughts on the story on Rob was that he was an "ordinary" man (again, no slight intended) but meaning others could give his method a try.

There definitely was excitement on the night and I appreciate and thank Xenia and her team for the service they provide.

It would have been very easy for me to stand up with the 20+ people that were going to make a commitment for the $7000 course in Melbourne. The only problem, I didn't know who Daniel was, even though he told me who he was and the companies that he is associated with.

I watched the free dvd handout that was produced in a studio last year and the fact that the presentation on the dvd was almost identical to the live version that I witnessed including hand gestures and body movements led me to believe this chap was professional.

The information he presented was excellent, especially about reducing risk when trading shares. The risk that he forgot to mention was the risk with securities brokers.

On the dvd he explains that there is a way to increase your leverage to 50x with minimal risk. It does sound feasible, the only problem is that you need to have a portfolio worth $US100k with Spectrum Live

After doing a search, this is what I found
http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2004/s1048152.htm

His company Platinum Pursuits use Spectrum Live (registered ABN in 2005) for brokering
Spectrum Live is an authorized representative of Stonebridge Securities http://www.spectrumlive.com/

Stonebridge Securities came about by recapitalizing and renaming Tricom Securities in June 2009
http://www.tricom.com.au/news.aspx?nid=17

Tricom Securities was involved in the Opes Prime mess
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,23471233-951,00.html

I am not implying that Daniel or any of the companies mentioned are crook. But thought it worthwhile that people should step back and do their own due diligence, especially when emotions are high, and you have a real urge to give someone some of your money.

And it is a shame that Rob didn't get a chance to speak,

Cheers Bushy

There are thousands of 'fairly ordinary chaps' who have done well. And very well from a modest beginning. Not devaluing Rob one bit but there are millions of great stories.
Yep and plenty of them are happy, very happy to fly under the radar, drive around in the old ute and have nobody stare at them or ask for handouts.

I reckon if any media wanted to do a story on me I would decline, happy to share info / stories but not interested in ANY publicity.

Cheers
Graeme

On the dvd he explains that there is a way to increase your leverage to 50x with minimal risk.

If this guy is making the statement that you can leverage 50:1 with minimal risk, then he is a con man. No ifs, buts or maybes. He is a shyster. Everyone needs to steer clear of anyone that says this.

Also, I'd like to know why he is wasting time doing seminars if his trading system allows people to become millionaires by doubling up nine times over. If his system worked, he should be the richest man in the world by now.

Xenia, frankly I'm surprised you would associate with someone like this.

Mark

I still didn't say anything about contributing $3K a month being "ordinary". I said my thoughts on the story on Rob was that he was an "ordinary" man (again, no slight intended) but meaning others could give his method a try.

...and I beleive Piston Broke was suggesting that a lot of ordinary others couldn't give his method a try due to the $3k a month being beyond their ordinary means....

tht was my interpretation of what he said anyway

Having not read Rob's story I cannot comment on that. What little I do know of Rob's story makes me believe it is achievable by an "ordinary" person.

That's correct Jaycee.
Avg wage is ~70K after tax ~55K after super ~49K which is ~4k mth
Consider that avg means many make more, and many make less.

There definitely was excitement on the night and I appreciate and thank Xenia and her team for the service they provide.

It would have been very easy for me to stand up with the 20+ people that were going to make a commitment for the $7000 course in Melbourne. The only problem, I didn't know who Daniel was, even though he told me who he was and the companies that he is associated with.

Yes very tempting to stand up with the others and join them for the $2000 price reduction on the seminars and the free 2 weekly webinars. I wonder how many joined them just out of peer pressure? The interesting thing was that when I went on their website I saw they offer the $2000 price reduction there and the webinars come as part of the standard package. So the alarm bells have started ringing for me.

But at the same time he did give me allot of food for thought, I will definately be looking into his concepts further. Thanks Xenia for having him present.

I am also sorry I didn't get to see Rob present as I missed him last time.

It takes me about 30 hours of organising to put together one live event for the Real Estate Wealth Network. A lot of work goes into it.

This year we have had other people paying for the events but previously it was us that were wearing all the costs and offering it for free to attendees.

We've had some suggestions to charge everyone $10. I think that is cheap, I would rather not do it.

I appreciate all support from attendees but realise that not every speaker is going to resonate with every attendee every single time. It is impossible to please everyone all the time.

We've had a lot of positive feedback on Daniel. Alot of thank you emails come through.

I have had one lady complain that "how dare we feature something that is not real estate" .....

I take people's views on board but have to look at statistics. Attendance is there, feedback is positive, enquireis are increasing. That means keep doing what I am doing. It aint broke, don't fix it.

You can dig up dirt on anyone, that's just small poppy land for you.... If I had listened to small poppy's I would now have a zero property portfolio, the banks are making money on my interest, no businesses... only sharks make money in business not noble honest people, and making only $30,000 per year working pay cheque to paycheque, that's what good honest people do... that small poppy attitude does not work for me and I don't have time for it either.

Name me one person that has become highly successful by taking advice from sensationalised journalists or those trashy real estate watch dogs. Just ONE and I might reconsider my thoughts.

Xenia,

Sorry, no, you cant dig up dirt on anyone.

And what does the rest of your post have to do with whether people have achieved anything or not.

It has nothing to do with tall poppy syndrome and i'm insulted you say that.

Some people achieve wealth with ethical business practices and some don't. That's life.

A quick Google search will reveal Mr Kertchers past and that's not 'digging up dirt', that's just doing a Google search.

You can dig up dirt on anyone, that's just small poppy land for you.... If I had listened to small poppy's I would now have a zero property portfolio, the banks are making money on my interest, no businesses... only sharks make money in business not noble honest people, and making only $30,000 per year working pay cheque to paycheque, that's what good honest people do... that small poppy attitude does not work for me and I don't have time for it either.

Name me one person that has become highly successful by taking advice from sensationalised journalists or those trashy real estate watch dogs. Just ONE and I might reconsider my thoughts.

Let's just stop for a minute and think about this. Anyone who dares criticize a (presumably wealthy) "tall poppy" is a small poppy. What a load of skutta. It is not poppyland to criticize past associations- certainly I would want to know the track history of these people. A system that makes money- he should be employing it not teaching it (but I suppose that puts an education industry out of business).

Just because you don't want to hear what someone says- it doesn't mean it isn't true. The secret may be to ignore it but you appreciate that at the end of the day the truth is the truth.

As for "trashy real estate watch dogs' WTF?. Anyone who keeps an honest ship has nil to worry about from any watchdog. How can a watchdog be "trashy" ????

Xenia- did you directly or indirectly receive a fee/commission or payment for anyone who signed up for the share trade course?:confused:

Back