Unit renovation

Im trying to re-design this kitchen, to get away from the box shape and make it little more open/modern. Its hard to do given the size of the unit, roughly 80 sqm. Any ideas? I want to get rid of that "breakfast bar" on the side but then I will lose the cabinet space below.. need some creative ideas.. i'm in a creative lull...

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 20141013_092838.jpg
    20141013_092838.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 141
Also, I was thinking of turning this old fire place/wall into a complete feature wall something similar to the pictures below. Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 20141013_092820.jpg
    20141013_092820.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 91
  • fireplace1.JPG
    fireplace1.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 70
  • fireplace5.JPG
    fireplace5.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 81
  • fireplace2.JPG
    fireplace2.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 98
  • fireplace6.JPG
    fireplace6.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 85
location and estimated value would play a huge part in how much work you should do.

i personally would keep the breakfast bar style. make it larger and use it as a dining area.

How big kitchen do you need/want? Do you need area on the right? If you get rid of breakfast bar you can add more elements under that other window, it would look more specious but wont add more space really as you losing cabinets under bb.... I would personally keep same design, with 2 kids, I love having bb... we rarely use our dining table

How big kitchen do you need/want? Do you need area on the right? If you get rid of breakfast bar you can add more elements under that other window, it would look more specious but wont add more space really as you losing cabinets under bb.... I would personally keep same design, with 2 kids, I love having bb... we rarely use our dining table

The kitchen is approx. 3m by 2.25m. no kids yet :) im really wanting to change it around.. I hate the design...im doing a full reno on this unit so now is my chance to really change things around. With regards to how big we want it.. just to fill up the size really.. we wont be living in it all the time..few months of the year... so now im thinking.. perhaps I don't need that much cupboard space and I can sacrifice some..

Back