Unlucky I'm with AAMI

:eek::eek::eek:

Our house insurance went from $970 to about $1500 after our claim was declined. That was hard to take.

I took everything from Suncorp to Youi and ended up paying $970 with Youi for the same cover Suncorp offered for hundreds extra, just on our PPOR.

We just took over my mother-in-law's 2000 model vehicle. She had insured it with Suncorp, full comprehensive for $620 in January. We insured it full comprehensive with Youi for $281.

I'd check Youi if you have everything with Suncorp. And we've also taken our IPs to Honan and insured two for the same price as one IP was quoted by another well known landlord policy. I know our cover may not be as comprehensive as with the other, but the policy covers what we need.

I was involved in a minor car accident, and im very glad I was with Suncorp. Yes they did try to push me to their repairer (which i initially agreed).

However I changed my mind and decided to use choice of repairer (which they happily accepted). I took the car to the panel beater i've used before, he quoted it up, the assessor then looked at the car (to ensure the panel beater wasnt being dodgy) and pointed out a few more things the panel beater missed. Called the panel beater to work out the increased cost and approved it. Very happy with the outcome.

Also, while different insurers will have different premiums, you got to look at their inclusions. The one thing that was on my suncorp insurance was that if the car is under manufacturer's warranty, they must use brand new parts, not second hard parts. AAMI's policy while cheaper said they could use any part they could get their hands on.

you got to look at their inclusions.

It's weird how people buy insurance purely based on price when they wouldn't buy any other product purely based on price.

How much to insure my Corolla? - For many, cheapest wins.

How much to buy a Corolla? - For all they want to know how old, condition, Ks, features etc.

It's weird how people buy insurance purely based on price when they wouldn't buy any other product purely based on price.

How much to insure my Corolla? - For many, cheapest wins.

How much to buy a Corolla? - For all they want to know how old, condition, Ks, features etc.

I'm not sure that Suncorp policy $620 is any better than the Youi $281 policy. Youi will replace with brand new for first five years if it is written off. Perhaps if we were more precious about our cars, we would want to check more. All I need is a car that is fixed if it is damaged.

all insurance company's are so nice when you want to start a policy but difficult to deal with once you make a claim.

our solar hot water system burst a few weeks ago so i had it replaced and rang youi to see if i was covered, the lady on the phone says i was covered by my building policy so gave her all the details and she arranged for assessor to come out. He wasnt happy as it was a wasted trip because like i thought it wasnt covered on my policy. apparently the lady on the phone was in south Africa and was going to get some retraining.

Thanks for feedback everyone

Sorry didn't reply to everyone earlier. Life has been very very hectic. Every property I own has had at least one fairly major issue to attend to in the past 2 months while I have been overseas! The tenant has begrudgingly attended to the repairs to the tiles. I have landlord and building insurance through AAMI. I will be having further conversations with AAMI about accidental building cover. The only policy I will be keeping with AAMI will be a Queensland property because re-insuring would be cost prohibitive due to the increased premiums since the floods. I certainly do need to do some more homework around insurance that's for sure!
Thanks again for your comments.

Back