URGENT! Question about dividing fence in NSW?

Recently me and my neighbour have placed a new fence and we've had some arguement and agreement issues. But to cut the story short, afterwards, there was nothing we could do.

The new fence is 1.8M tall and I believe thats the highest you can put, but after a while, the neighbour put a fence lattice without our permission a few day ago when I was at work and it becomes i think 500cm taller or something (which I haven't measured yet) as he wants more privacy but the thing is that, it would block our natural view and we do not want to

My question is....from what I understand, they need to seek us permission to do so? He has asked before but we disapproved. Now he has done it in a sneaky way, what can I do about it? Go to the council and then they will knock it down or what?

Your answer will be appreciated

Jessica

Alot of councils allow a maximum of 1.8m high for dividing fences. Anything over usually has to be applied for and approved plans etc.

Best to check with your local council though.

If they planted trees on the other side you would lose a lot more than 1.8 + 0.5 and they have every right to do so. Is 0.5 extra that important? What views are they impeding?

If they planted trees on the other side you would lose a lot more than 1.8 + 0.5 and they have every right to do so. Is 0.5 extra that important? What views are they impeding?

Rockstar is right.

Our neighbour insisted on a 1.5 metre fence and then built her pergola 1 metre off the ground so she could see right over our place and a place to hang to hang her washing so we had a lovely view of her underwear.

We then planted clumping bamboo and 2 years on have a lovely hedge 9 metres high. :)

Back