Using Google Applications to host emails

Hi IT gurus on this forum,

I have bought a domain name from www.namedeal.com.au for a period of 2 years and I have been trying to get google application to host emails and I have not been successful. Just to give you a picture of what I want to do assuming the domain I bought is www.myname.com.au:

1. Create 3 email accounts: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

2. To have the above emails redirected to either to my personal google email account and/or to my partner's personal email account.

Basically, I think the problem lies in getting my domain name authenticated with google application. I do not know how to do this.

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong or what I need to do?

Hi hiflo

It's been a while since I set it up but I used siteground for my website hosting and they were extremely helpful with setting up google apps.

When I went through the stages of setting up my google apps account, any time I got confused, I sent an email to the siteground support team and they sorted it out for me. Highly recommended.

Hi hiflo,

I am in the process of doing something similar. My domain is with planetdomain.com and I previously had email and website hosting with them. I've now decided to no longer have a website (personal) and want my emails coming through Google Apps.

So far I have created all 3 email accounts (that I had previously) and am at the stage where I am updating the MX records for my domain so that the emails will then be sent through Google rather than PlanetDomain. After this is done, I can either log directly into Gmail to retrieve emails or use my Microsoft Outlook to download them onto my desktop. Is there a particular reason you wnat them redirected to your 'other' personal email?

I found the step by step process through Google to be fairly straightforward.

Happy to answer some basic questions based on my experience, though I'm not super techy.

Back