Using Vinyl Flooring for Laundy

Hi All
Am currently renovating an older property, the laundry is very basic, am looking at simple cost effective options for flooring.
Am considering vinyl flooring, anyone used this?

I do not want to tile the floor as it will be too expensive.

Thanks

MTR

Yeah. We use it all the time in the US and it seems to last. lol

Cheers

PS we have painted the laundry floor previously in an older Aust property using patio paint. Has lasted for years

We use a lot ov VC viynil composite industrial floor tiles, glue down 1 foot squares, take polish well, can be sanded. see them all over the floors in coles safeway iga
tough as boots 99c/foot, pretty too

I just finishsed a IP reno. Purchased vinyl planks to do whole house (except bedrooms). Intended to use in laundry too, but when we got to that bit I found I had no idea how to deal with the drain hole in laundry floor as it was cemented in flush with the floor. I was worried that when I cut a circle (hard to do with a Stanly knife) it would look weird and i had no idea how to seal the edges around the hole.

I had already booked an paid a carpet layer to do bedrooms, so got him to slap down a sheet of rolled vinyl in laundry.

No regrets - it looks fantastic.

I just finishsed a IP reno. Purchased vinyl planks to do whole house (except bedrooms). Intended to use in laundry too, but when we got to that bit I found I had no idea how to deal with the drain hole in laundry floor as it was cemented in flush with the floor. I was worried that when I cut a circle (hard to do with a Stanly knife) it would look weird and i had no idea how to seal the edges around the hole.

I had already booked an paid a carpet layer to do bedrooms, so got him to slap down a sheet of rolled vinyl in laundry.

No regrets - it looks fantastic.

How did they cut the drain hole in and seal it?

We've put vinyl squares and also planks in a laundry. Easy, quick, cheap. Looks good.

How did they cut the drain hole in and seal it?

We've put vinyl squares and also planks in a laundry. Easy, quick, cheap. Looks good.

I did not watch them so have no idea what they did to cut it, but it is a perfect circle and sealed with something clear - I am guessing silicone. It looks good and in hindsight I think I could have done it myself. I was just a bit daunted because the drain hole sat flush in the concrete and I had no idea how to deal with it.

Back