Valuation Appraisal without inspection?

Howdy,

Anyone reccommend someone on the Gold Coast, that can provide an appraisal without an inspection?

Cheers

Tone

depends what you are after. most brokers or agents can provide a rd data automated valuation or a few lenders allow desktop valuations or modelled estimates which do not require an internal inspections. Can i ask what is the purpose of the report and why is an internal inspection not wanted?
Jon

Howdy,

Anyone reccommend someone on the Gold Coast, that can provide an appraisal without an inspection?

Cheers

Tone

If the purpose of the valuation is to calculate stamp duty then you'll need a full valuation - also let the valuer know the purpose upfront.

Cheers

Jamie

For stamp duty you would need a full valuation through a certified valuer. You shouldn't be able to find one willing to do it without a full inspection as its against their professional standards.

For stamp duty you would need a full valuation through a certified valuer. You shouldn't be able to find one willing to do it without a full inspection as its against their professional standards.

Found a company that will do it without an inspection. All they need is $220 and a strata report.

Sounds legit?

I agree. However, if you have found a Certified Valuer who is willing to risk being sued and losing their registration by writing and signing a val with no inspection for a $220 fee all power to you!

First valuer i called from a simple google search did the val without an onsite inspection and put the property val figure into the report i requested.

Dodgy much?

Did you provide the valuer with the purpose of the valuation ie proper brief?

Why would a SD val require a complete internal inspection? Would only need a drive-by at the most as it is 'close enough'.

Provided the figure provided for SD isn't wildly inaccurate, there should be no repurcussions (sorry but I haven't read the API guidelines for several years).

Back