Vasectomy... advise me I am scared.

Mirena? humm some how I think wife would say "piker" but lets see if that has a chance. Personally to many IUD have failed/caused complications in the past so who says new model will not be an issue in another 5 years?

Peter

Hi,
The Mirena has been around already longer than 5 years. My daughter is 10, and I was offered it within a year after she was born, probably straight after - just can't remember now.
The stats of problems they've had are on-line, so you can see the risk factors.

Maybe use the finance approach... $30 plus OB-GYN appt (can combine with pap smear to save even more! :) ).... vs the cost of vasectomy! not to mention the cost of sanitary items. I've spent about $30 on these in the past 5 years... pure bliss!

OK, to be honest, you're doomed if you do and doomed if you don't... Its an argument you can't win, particularly if rations are involved!

cheers
Pen

Hi,
The Mirena has been around already longer than 5 years. My daughter is 10, and I was offered it within a year after she was born, probably straight after - just can't remember now.
The stats of problems they've had are on-line, so you can see the risk factors.

Maybe use the finance approach... $30 plus OB-GYN appt (can combine with pap smear to save even more! :) ).... vs the cost of vasectomy! not to mention the cost of sanitary items. I've spent about $30 on these in the past 5 years... pure bliss!

OK, to be honest, you're doomed if you do and doomed if you don't... Its an argument you can't win, particularly if rations are involved!

cheers
Pen

I concur - on my 3rd having had 1 child in between coil 1 and 2. No need for a vas, no stress and as Pen said, no aunties - ever!!. Bloody brilliant invention - and as an added bonus for some - not permanent so if that urge for more offspring should grab you.....

With the high chance of divorce, I always believe it is the person who does not want anymore children, who should take care of the birth control.

With my first marriage, I took the pill, but made it my partner's responsibility to give it to me.That way he couldn't blame it on me.

With Rob's first marriage, she wanted him to have a vas.He did, and she went on to have 2 more kids with a new partner.
After we met, and before we married, I told him if he wanted to have more kids, I would, but at 42, don't get your hopes up too high. He was 38.It was his decision.
He did have the reversal, and we let nature take it course.No babies arrived.
At 50, I no longer worry about it.

When I first had my children, I would have had 12 or more. Seriously.
I loved being pregnant.Labour was always 1 1/2 hours.I never gained much weight.

With the high chance of divorce, I always believe it is the person who does not want anymore children, who should take care of the birth control.

I wish I had given this argument far more weight when my ex wife convinced me that my getting the snip was the right thing to do compared to her being on the pill forever.

I really regret it now she has shot through with some predatorial type leaving me wishing I had choices.

Don't suggest reversal. After 10+ years it is pretty unlikely to be successful.

I wish I had given this argument far more weight when my ex wife convinced me that my getting the snip was the right thing to do compared to her being on the pill forever.

I really regret it now she has shot through with some predatorial type leaving me wishing I had choices.

Don't suggest reversal. After 10+ years it is pretty unlikely to be successful.

Since Rob was in the military at the time, they blocked the tubes with a type of foam. Maybe you had the same thing?

It was about 8 -9 years between his two procedures.

Well I must say I have had a real education through this thread.
Thanks for raising the issue Peter. It isn't the sort of thing I would have sought out info on elsewhere.

The things you learn on a property forum.

The things you learn on a property forum.

Yes. It's just amazing how many blokes out there are shooting blanks? It's certainly a popular thing to do in my group of friends. There's a bit of pressure and encouragement put on the ones not done to get it done and I reckon that's good, especially if you've already filled up the back car seats as most have.

See ya's.

Wow interresting topic for a property forum!

Do your wives girlfriends read this forum? I personally wouldn't like my fella discussing this on a public forum (if i had one LOL).

Just my opinion tho...

As far as reversals go I am pretty sure the procedure can be done. Why don't you check it out. There is always IVF if it is not sucessful.

Fellas discuss? Mine merely reads over my shoulder. He's the shy sort. And I forgot to ask the doc about the snip when I was there the other day ...

hope you've baked him a nice "thank you" dinner - with icepack on the side.

and enjoy not being - um - pestered for the next little while :D

Hi All

Good to see this thread is alive and well. WW I posted it because intelligent property types are ususally intelligent types.

For me only last night wifey reminded me of the need as we approached a'more.;) So having been overseas on long holiday and no back, it is time to get snipping. In the end the fear of another child versus fear of the snip is greater.

Keep the feedback coming.

Peter

OK guys, ( and gals ), don't even THINK of "doing it" until you get a clear sperm test.

Hubby had the snip yonks ago, and we heard all sorts of advice as to how long/ how many times etc to wait.

Thankfully we decided to rely on the tests. Despite all medical evidence, it took nearly 12 months for sperm tests to come back completely clear of the little suckers.

Yes, impossible according to the textbooks, but it happened to us. Even the doctors were stumped. They thought there must have been an extra tube in there, but as the numbers were declining they kept testing.

So you have been warned....
Marg

Back