Vasectomy... advise me I am scared.

Lighten up! :D We were all babies once! I love them all, even if they ARE ugly!

Sheesh, I gotta agree. I don't hate babies. I loved both of mine like nothing else. I'm just not that keen on other people's babies. I am sure that I will adore my grandchildren if/when they come along.

There's way too much hatred towards babies in the thread :mad:

What's to love? They look like ET, are noisy, dirty, always wanting something, you have to take them everywhere, can't do anything for themselves... :)

Just kidding, although I do agree they are a lot cuter when they become 'little people' with personality (and they're your own - for me, niece & nephew).

By the way, for the guys on here getting the snip, good on you! Especially if your wife has provided you with children, she's done her bit. Yikes, the thought of childbirth would scare me more than a snip... :)

But it kind of sucks when that same wife runs off with another fellow a few years later ....

There's way too much hatred towards babies in the thread :mad:

I think most babies, as in under one year old, are extremely cute, and I bet any of you haters would be ugly in comparison.

So sorry, didn't wanna give impression of 'hating'...very strong word!

To clarify, it's more the people that have babies that won't 'train' them ie they turn out rude, precocious, demanding little rats that have no manners & make everyones' life unpleasant with their whiny, 'I want an Oompaloompa mummy & I want it now!' mentality

(Yeah, babies are cute, even the monkey ones)

Newborn babies are so NOT cute. And they smell bad too - that 'baby smell' they put in Johnson&Johnson products SO dosen't smell like babies. It should smell like spoilt milk and poop.

Now, a 2yo with shoulderblade length golden curls and big googly blueish eyes that tells you "I a good girl" ... that's cute :)

My other one passed cute some time ago. Now she's just extremely pretty. I don't think its just me that's biased, she's definitely supermodel material. Especially now I've confiscated all her hideous clothes (and banned older relatives from getting her more) and she has no choice at all but to wear something that looks good on her. And why is it that *I* have freckles and stuff yet I produce offspring with annoyingly perfect flawless skin? No fair!

You people are reminding me that I really really need to pack a hospital bag Real Soon Now. Unpredictable blighters never arrive on time.

Just go and do it Peter.

Mine took 5 minutes. You think he's just getting started and he says 'all done' :)

Go home and lie down with a bag of frozen peas for a few hours and walk slowly down steps for the next 3 days and enjoy your sex life without fear of more babies :)

There is a GP here in Brisbane who does almost nothing else. Since 1970 he has done over 27000 vasectomies. If you find an expert like this, you will have zero issues.

LOL! If he won't get the vasectomy, then a whoops moment cannot be guaranteed against.:D

i keep using a quote my girlfriend used to use on her teenage boys ... "every time you put it in, you run the risk"

doesn't seem to make any diff tho.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am 49 and I shudder to think that I could get pregnant :eek:.

But.... my dad's mum was 49 when she had a "whoops" baby.

We are on the verge of being free enough to start travelling if we want to and the thought of starting over again with a baby sees me wake in a cold sweat :eek:.

Hubby REALLY should have gone back to get tested.

Newborn babies are so NOT cute. And they smell bad too

The cutest baby I ever saw was a newborn, about a month premature. My boy comes second place after that for cutest newborn ever, but I bet if he was a tad prem he would have taken 1st place.

Newborn babies smell awesome :eek: their poop doesn't even smell for the first couple of months or so, when they are only on mummies milk. If a baby is on formula or other processed foods, then smelly poop isn't the bub's fault.

I had mine by Caesarean, hence no squeezing through the birth canal. They were all perfect :p (even though the middle one STILL had to be brought out with forceps - doctor mumbled "this one is a BIG pork chop!").

My babies (each one of them) were the best looking babies in the hospital at the time :D..... but every other mother there thought the same about their babies.

Some of those brand new babies had more hair than I did.

Babies smell SO good. Ours were in our bed with us, and I used to sniff the sheets where their heads had been just to soak up that sweaty smell... nothing like an adult sweaty smell.... but just gorgeous.

Hubby thought I had lost the plot :p.

This thread is reminding me of an incident a few years ago. I was at the Sydney Motor Show and there was a mum with a baby crying loudly on her shoulder. It was a bit crowded and everyone was copping the baby crying.

Anyway, a guy next to me lent over and said to me "who'd have children?" in this stuck up tone of voice.

I thought "what a pr!ck" and said "lucky your parents didn't think the same way huh?" he just looked away with a stupid look on his face.

Elsewhere I heard: "Children are like f@rts. They're only interesting when they're your own"

About 3 months ago hubby got the snip. He really dosen't handle needles well but coped ok. He had it under general but it was real quick and he was home for lunch. Starving, because he hadn't eaten any brekkie (poor thing).

No pain killers, just walked like a cowboy for a day and took it easy and was all good. The stitches annoyed him though and they were meant to dissolve, but after 2 weeks I cut them out for him. Caution though! Don't fiddle with the stitches unless you know what you're doing.

I look forward to going off the pill and 'relaxing' more about not getting pregnant. I don't mind taking the pill but sometimes I do stuff it up and forget or get sick and then wonder if I'm pregnant... stress stress stress.

Anyway, if you've finished your family then it's definately one of things that are worse when you are anticpating it IYKWIM, (like the first dental appt after 12 years). So book it in and before you know it, it will be Christmas 2010 and it will all be behind you.

P.S. All babies are cute but some are much cuter than others. My two for instance :D

dont worry guys - you get your just desserts for not giving birth.

remember, when you turn 50, a doctor gets to stick his fingers in your bum every year for the rest of your waking life.

Babies smell SO good.
You people definitely have different ideas of nice smell to me ... I really hate the rancid milk smell.

But then I had both of mine in the absolute height of an SA summer (45+ weather for BOTH) so one drop of spilt milk went rancid in 5 seconds, as did poopy nappies, and you just can't spend 23 hours a day washing baby and baby clothes. Add that to horrid sweaty bras ... I couldn't justify the expense of buying a bra per weekday, considering they were around the $120 each mark for my size and I kept changing size. At least they dried fast in such hot weather so I could wash them and get them back on within the hour (and then get them stinky again).

When cooler weather came ... oh, the bliss ...

New one is due in the dead middle of winter ... I probably won't know what to do with a newborn (and self) that you actually need to put clothes on :eek:

dont worry guys - you get your just desserts for not giving birth.

remember, when you turn 50, a doctor gets to stick his fingers in your bum every year for the rest of your waking life.

I'm expecting technology to have advanced by then, so I should be in the clear.

I have a friend at work that had it done a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately the doctor hit or snipped a nerve and he was in EXCRUTIATING pain for a couple of weeks.

I am trying to convince my partner to get one but he is also good mates with this guy so is understandably put off with the idea.

Cheers

V

OUCH! Miss V

OK, mental note: use very, very , very experienced, male doctor. Only men know the pain of "kick in the goolies." Please dont abuse me ladies but that is true, ask any man who had played cricket, hockey or football, especially soccer.

Regards

Peter

Back