VCAT waiting times update

Hi Guys,

I received my VCAT hearing date today for my 4 unit development. The current wait time is now 7 months for those that want to know. Mine was lodged in December and a date has been set for July. So the wait time has reduced from 10 months from earlier on in the year. Still a bloody long time to wait! :mad:

My advice is to take this into consideration for your next development.

Cheers
Oscar

Then add some

Oscar

Submitted VCAT application in October 2012 and had the hearing in March 2013. I was happy. The original waiting period was 8-10 months.

Fast forward to the hearing in March - a decision will be handed down in 4 weeks they said. 8 weeks later and I am still waiting for a decision.

So add another 2 months on the original waiting period:mad:

Kaz

Oscar

Submitted VCAT application in October 2012 and had the hearing in March 2013. I was happy. The original waiting period was 8-10 months.

Fast forward to the hearing in March - a decision will be handed down in 4 weeks they said. 8 weeks later and I am still waiting for a decision.

So add another 2 months on the original waiting period:mad:

Kaz

Kaz

The hearing decision can sometimes take 12 months. I'm still waiting for a decision from an August hearing. Just the way it is unfortunately.

Oscar

Looks like I'll be waiting until sometime next year then.

What do you have going on Pete? You may be apply apply for a short-case hearing depending on you case i.e. if it's straight forward, you have council officer support etc

Oscar

A dual occ townhouse development. There's a few things that are just outside the acceptable parameters so the council rejected the application, which we expected. We're now waiting for VCAT to have a hearing.

A dual occ townhouse development. There's a few things that are just outside the acceptable parameters so the council rejected the application, which we expected. We're now waiting for VCAT to have a hearing.

For anyone waiting on a Vcat hearing date, or if you are expecting to go to Vcat soon, I suggest you engage your town planning solicitor to ensure your case is listed on the short case hearing list. You need to get consent from the council too which is easy enough if its a stock standard development. I just got a hearing date which only took 4 months rather than the standard 8-10 months. :D

Oscar

Back