Viewing Real estate on Google Maps and Google Earth

Kudos to you phezz, an excellent site and as a bonus I get to see where other people are looking by the most popular tables

:eek: Wonderful work Phezz! You should protect your work somehow (copyright?) before some guru here or overseas does the same thing. Australia one day, tomorrow the world! Is it possible to extend what you have done to include other countries? Your site could be the "google" of the real estate industry.

p.s. when you are rich and famous, can I come and work for you?

A bit off-topic, but Paulie, do you really think the reiwa site is the most used in WA? I would have thought realestte.com.au was the best/most used...

yes i do think reiwa is the most used in wa. also it carries more property listings than real estate does for wa properties.

paul

My Host is having "Database Server Problems" So I don't know how long its going to be down for.

I made a huge update to the site yesterday:
Removed ABCRealeste.com.au listings
Added Realestateview.com.au listings.

It should take a couple of days for suburbs to reflect these changes, now I just have to sit and wait till the server comes back.

12:39 pm : Well its all fixed now :)

Last edited:
Well http://www.suburbview.com still has a couple more months before it is one year old. But work on it started roughly this time last year. Boy time has gone by quick, and I am using it to still find either my first ppor or ip. (Currently I might get greedy and buy both)

Suburb View now searches another large real estate site, giving even more results. If there are any other suggested sites I should include, please let me know.

In current consideration includes : reiwa

I am working on a new version of the site to celebrate its first Birthday, so any other great suggestions will be fantastic.

The feedback has been great so far, and I hope the site is serving its needs in giving people more information when searching for property.

-Mark

It continues to be a fabulous tool Phezz, well done!

Any chance that ALL properties that are on the main sites can be accessed even if there is no price or street address?:confused:

Yes REIWA would be great.

Congrats on your work mate...Its a fantastic tool you have pioneered.

Happy 1st Birthday!

Hi there
very interesting
just wondering if you are also going to include the allhomes website for Canberra - as most properties in that area go onto that website
thanks

Suburb View is now Mobile....

http://mobile.suburbview.com

I am working on this at the moment, and contains all the listings from the main site. At the moment only realestate.com.au have a mobile version of their site, so I am linking to those listings when available.

I don't have access to any mobile phones to test this out, but it looked OK on a small screen Sony. I think it looks better on the PDA type phones.

Also I have added links to the mobile site from the main page, so where you see the
mobile.gif
icon, it will link to the mobile version.

So feedback would be great.

Cheers,
Mark

That's really quite impressive phezz.

Any chance of adding allhomes.com.au to your websites? It does predominantly Canberra but covers surrounding areas too.

Great site!

That's really quite impressive phezz.

Any chance of adding allhomes.com.au to your websites? It does predominantly Canberra but covers surrounding areas too.

Great site!

Great news, I finally found a coupe of days free to add allhomes.com.au to the site. I didn't realise how many properties I was missing in the ACT by not searching that site.

Now I am working on a way to display old listings, so that might be a couple weeks away.

Thanks to everybody for the feedback

Love the site phezz :)

I have a suggestion, I dont know if it would be possible but worth asking.

When Im searching I like to search an entire post code sometimes, not just one suburb.

Eg I want to search the entire greater Gosford area of 2250 but if I type in 2250 I still have to choose one suburb only from the list of all suburbs within that post code. This means I have to go back and run a search for every single suburb on its own, but not being able to make comparisons between them all on the map together.

I realise this could add many more properties to the map in some cases and thus increase loading times, but do you think you'll ever have it display all properties within a given post code and not just one suburb?

Absolutely fantastic!

Seriously we need to spread the word of mouth for the rest of Australia to knwo this fantastic tool. You have done all of us a great service.

Maybe you can put it in Property Magazines so more will notice your website .....

Great news, I finally found a coupe of days free to add allhomes.com.au to the site. I didn't realise how many properties I was missing in the ACT by not searching that site.

Now I am working on a way to display old listings, so that might be a couple weeks away.

Thanks to everybody for the feedback

phezz, you are a LEGEND. :):D;)

Yep, most of ACT only uses allhomes - realestate.com.au got the biggest agency, but now even they are onto allhomes. Queanbeyan too. Reckon allhomes must be cheaper than the nationwide sites.

Man, I am impressed. Now can you do it for completed sales? That would be truly something.

:)

How about the next best thing?
Considering I now have over a years old real estate listings, I have created :
http://www.oldlistings.com.au

The links should now appear on Suburb View. Because I don't have access to the finial Sold price, this site should be used to give a general idea what it was listed at, etc

Now in other news, I now know who uses Suburb View. My Parents. They used the site, and have their first Investment property. Now if only I didn't spend every free minute on the site, and get to more Open Inspections, my property will be next :D

Back