views on this Wavell Heights property

I'm a south/east side girl, so I don't know values at Wavell Heights, but I know Rode Road is busy. What I had a quiet chuckle about is needing binoculars to see the city and bay views :D.

I also chuckled to see that the views are taken at 9m. Assuming there is a 9.5m height restriction, wouldn't that mean that view is pretty much from nearly the highest part of the roof... :confused: (unless there is some height relaxation for such a busy road in which case I guess a third storey would get this view?)

It's in the $500-$600K bracket, so I'd say somewhere between that range.

(If you don't know how to check the price on realestate.com.au, right-click anywhere on the page of the property and click on View Source. Search within the source for price).

Thanks, that's a pretty big range....actually I am checking whether its worth that much, but next property has 5 apartments (3 floors), this is corner block, giving more options.

I'm a south/east side girl, so I don't know values at Wavell Heights, but I know Rode Road is busy. What I had a quiet chuckle about is needing binoculars to see the city and bay views :D.

I also chuckled to see that the views are taken at 9m. Assuming there is a 9.5m height restriction, wouldn't that mean that view is pretty much from nearly the highest part of the roof... :confused: (unless there is some height relaxation for such a busy road in which case I guess a third storey would get this view?)

Thanks Wylie; seems you can go for 3 levels, next door has 3 levels with 5 apartments.

I regularly drive along Rode Road towards Nundah but turn off at Shaw Rd, so not going past this exact site much. From back at Shaw Rd intersection you can clearly see the city but I don't recall noticing the Bay itself.

Wavell would have many similarities to Wylie's suburb.

Thanks Wylie; seems you can go for 3 levels, next door has 3 levels with 5 apartments.

That doesn't mean this one can be built to three levels. We wanted to build three level townhouses, but were told "absolutely not". There are brand new townhouses a few doors away with three levels. I don't understand it, but it has made me realise I cannot make assumptions.

A call to BCC will give a quick answer though, if you are looking at buying to build as high as next door.

Back