WA - are you ready...?

this is going to be a state of have and have nots.

I go over to rotto a fair bit and being there a few times this summer, one thing which struck me was that the quality of boats over there has very much improved over the last five years. Although so very adequate a late 80s 40ft riviera for example doesn't do much to impress these days.

Well yeah I'm happy on a 25ft Bertram, but there's a lot of Sunseekers in the 80ft range floating about at the moment.

As for the moorings, a friend moved one about 10 metres on Aus day! The boat was within the mooring rating too.

oh ok... Iwas referring more to the user system rather than the physicality of the moorings. The mooring I was allocated was permanently occupied by some old retiree bloke so he said I was wasting my time hoping to get onto it, plus under the rules you couldnt leave your boat yet I love snorkellign etc and that was the whole point of going there

Perth median prices to hit $1m: monitor

Perth median prices to hit $1m: monitor

Mar 21 2010

Perth's median house price will hit $1 million in the next 10 years, a property price monitoring group predicts.

A review compiled for the Sunday Times newspaper by Australian Property Monitors has tipped the median house price in many Perth metropolitan suburbs to hit $1 million within five years.

Within 10 years, only a "handful of suburbs in the Perth metropolitan area will have a median house price below $1 million", the Sunday Times reported.

Western Australia's house values could be the highest in the country, according to the paper, as the state rides another expected resources boom in the next decade.

The median house price in Peppermint Grove, which lies on the Swan River, just outside the Perth CBD, was predicted to reach more than $25 million in the next decade.

But while the prospect of housing prices doubling in the next 10 years was good news to some property buyers, the paper said first-home buyers were increasingly being priced out of the market.

Perth property prices 'back at boom levels'

Dec 16 2009

The average house price in Perth is finally back to boom-time levels, the Real Estate Institute of WA says.

Its "preliminary research" of sales data for October and November has found that a boom in higher-price house sales has driven the median metropolitan price to $475,000, a level last seen in December 2007.

REIWA president Alan Bourke said it was "really quite amazing what can happen in a year" as first home buyers were replaced by those "trading up".

"Our... data indicate that sales in the more expensive price ranges increased noticeably during October and November, with the $600,000 to $750,000 range showing the strongest rise," Mr Bourke said.

Cont...

I cannot get a val within a coo eeeeeee of the boom time prices on any of my property. I ve watched a house oposite me drop 200k in 3 weeks and where l come from that aint boom time.
I think the W A rea are just wishing our markets were heating up like the Eastern sea board.
I suppose if the media keep telling us its boom time and we will miss out, the the herd will come a runnin.

What a rediculous article that was yesterday.

With a medain close to 500k at the moment, if prices doubled in 10 years, the median price would be ~1Mill.

Imagine if prices quadrupled in 5 years, the median would 2 Mill by 2015!!

I cannot get a val within a coo eeeeeee of the boom time prices on any of my property. I ve watched a house oposite me drop 200k in 3 weeks and where l come from that aint boom time.
I think the W A rea are just wishing our markets were heating up like the Eastern sea board.
I suppose if the media keep telling us its boom time and we will miss out, the the herd will come a runnin.

Have to agree with this one. I had Westminster property valued at $400K quite a bit lower than expected. It was worth close to $500K during the boom.

Though I do believe there are some pockets around Perth that are starting to move, but not where I purchased unfortunately.

Cheers, MTR

What a rediculous article that was yesterday.

With a medain close to 500k at the moment, if prices doubled in 10 years, the median price would be ~1Mill.

Imagine if prices quadrupled in 5 years, the median would 2 Mill by 2015!!

It was totally stupid, binned the lot.

yeh take Mandurah... they reckon in 3 years time prices will be lower but by 2 years after that the prices would be over 50% higher.

how about the figures for Karratha:eek:

If this was the Sunday Times, I always skip this quality example of journalism - what did it say about Karratha?

Were there any actual reasons for their guess about price trajectory?

was based on last 10 years performance and extrapolatred forward. they just said karratha has returned about 26%CG for the last 10 years so in 5 years the mwedian would be about $2.6m. not bad on top opf the CF+!

Eden Hill is a safe bet, Linda. I wouldn't stress - I'm looking there as well :)

I'm talking about a suburb a bit further out then Eden Hill. We sold our property in Eden Hill last year because we had purchased it 50/50 with other people and they wanted to sell.

Parts of Eden Hill is still good value, still keeping my eye on it.

Yep, that sunday times article was rediculous.

They're saying that in 2009 (when fhb and a few investors were the main purchasers) median price for Kiara was $379,000.
In three years time they are predicting the value to be $393,537

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?id=kiara&a=qfp&cu=fn-rea&t=res

They're saying that in 2009 median price for Ahfield was $395,000.
In three years time they are predicting the value to be $416,067
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...=0&fmt=&header=&c=45647655&s=wa&tm=1269233981

They are selling for around that already or more.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm a WA good news bear only as per the threads title ;)

images

Population Boom to Strain PERTH

West Australians will have to embrace recycled water and suburban infill as the population doubles to around 3.5 million people by the middle of the century.

The warning from the State Government's planning guru Charles Johnson comes as the Department of Planning updates its population forecasts for Perth based on a sustained period of between 2 and 3 per cent annual growth fuelled by an ongoing resources boom.

The growth will put enormous strain on the city's water, power and housing as well as health and education facilities.

The latest forecasts predict Perth and Peel's population will double from 1.7 million within just 35 years as the State attracts overseas and interstate workers and their families at a rate of nearly 50,000 a year.

awesome. now we can drink sewerage and sit in traffic all day but hey, we'll be a big town just like sydney! that'll show em.

I would prefer a monaco style city - quality not quantity

Back