WA - are you ready...?

No, just the frustration of having to support the rest of Australia.

How our GST being spent over east is just the tip of the iceberg.

You guys act like you've created silicon valley there or you have a thriving biotech sector. It just so happens that the various minerals etc. that China wants are mostly in WA. No special ingenuity was required. The Beverly Hillbillies of Australia.

You guys act like you've created silicon valley there or you have a thriving biotech sector. It just so happens that the various minerals etc. that China wants are mostly in WA. No special ingenuity was required. The Beverly Hillbillies of Australia.

Didn't say anything about ingenuity, just the fairness in getting 45% of the GST we raise back from the feds and dropping.

Meanwhile NSW and Vic get almost all of it back whilst we support them.

pffff whatever.

I wonder how your attitude would be if all the minerals were found in NSW and NSW only got back 45% of the GST they paid.

food for thought.

A secession referendum like 1933 except we will get the job done this time
all in favour say I
I ;)

Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery

thank god you are around to save us all

Didn't say anything about ingenuity, just the fairness in getting 45% of the GST we raise back from the feds and dropping.

That may be true but a lot of western Australia's infrastructure projects receive federal funding as well

That may be true but a lot of western Australia's infrastructure projects receive federal funding as well

At least we still build infrastructure here. if
Only to keep the tax dollars flowing east.

Say... don't you lot have a new sydney airport being built? or was it a new railway line?

But I haven't got time to count them as I've lost count of the federally funded road projects in NSW.

keep them coming!

having said that, consider that the M4, M2, M7, Lane Cove Tunnel, Cross City Tunnel and Eastern Distributor are all toll roads. The only major federally funded work going on at the moment is the Pac Hwy (thankfully) which benefits people in NSW and Queensland and supposedly everyone else with cheaper freight etc and the recently completed Hume Highway. There are of course others but these are the major ones.

WA's infrastructure is all publicly funded.

What about a new freeway tunnel going from the Kwinana fwy, at sth perth, going under the narrows bridge, and basically following the fwy, but underground and coming out on the mitchell fwy some where?!

That'd save a huge amount of time and congestion. Bypass the cbd all together.

That'd be something worthy the govt could spend cash on. :cool:

What about a new freeway tunnel going from the Kwinana fwy, at sth perth, going under the narrows bridge, and basically following the fwy, but underground and coming out on the mitchell fwy some where?!

That'd save a huge amount of time and congestion. Bypass the cbd all together.

That'd be something worthy the govt could spend cash on. :cool:

I'd like a bike and car tunnel from my street to the CBD - I'm willing to share it occasionally :D Basically that would be Erindale Rd Freeway offramp to CBD.

We have 4 train lines. How many do you have in Sydney or Melbourne.
We have 1 main footy stadium with max capacity of 40k.
We have no train to our airport.
etc
etc

We are in catch up mode so when the money is flowing it would be nice to keep some in the state to fund the massive infrastructure required to bring us anywhere near the standards found in the rest of Australia.

etc
etc

We are in catch up mode so when the money is flowing it would be nice to keep some in the state to fund the massive infrastructure required to bring us anywhere near the standards found in the rest of Australia.

Perth has great infrastructure compared to everywhere else for its size - people in Perth dont realise how good theyve got it!

etc
etc

isnt there more than four lines now the train runs to Mandurah and thornlie?

isnt there more than four lines now the train runs to Mandurah and thornlie?

Yes I think we have 5:
Armadale/Thornlie
Midland
Mandurah
Fremantle
Joondalup

All in chaos at the moment as city stations shut to do CityLink works. All train lines terminate one stop from the city station and bus/walk in. Freo line totally shut.

Yes I think we have 5:
Armadale/Thornlie
Midland
Mandurah
Fremantle
Joondalup

All in chaos at the moment as city stations shut to do CityLink works. All train lines terminate one stop from the city station and bus/walk in. Freo line totally shut.

in reality it's Mandurah to Joondalup = 1
freo to midland = 1
Armadale = 1

total = 3

And we have to put up with a thousand economic refugees coming across the state border every week! :eek: They are trying to take our jobs.

Back