Wakerley

Question for locals in Brissy!

Is Wakerley a world of difference compared to closer inner eastern suburbs of Carina / Carindale? And bayside suburbs Manly / Wynnum

My thoughts are that Wakerley being in a decent proximity to CBD / Carindale Shops / Bay side that it's a fairly central position. And to me I can get a small newish house there for the same price as a townhouse elsewhere. .

I realise alot of it's newer estate so the CG probably will lag in the first couple of years . .

Just want to know if I'm missing anything?

Thanks

Stu

Stu

Wakerley is the next suburb to where we live. Used to be bushland until fairly recently - lots of blocks are filled and the houses seem to have been built with indecent haste (settlement problems and cracking down the track, perhaps???). Haven't checked out prices there, as it's not an area of interest to me. Lots of unit complexes have also been built in the area. I would imagine (as you have suggested) that CG could well lag behind that of other suburbs - and there is still at lot of land in the area which is yet to be developed. Biggest 'problem', as I see it, is complete lack of transport.

IMHO, of the suburbs mentioned, Manly and Wynnum would be my first choice - east of the train line is best, if your budget stretches to that. Reasons: close to water and on the train line. Next choice would be Carindale (well served by buses, and set to become a major population hub, excellent shopping) then Carina, which is generally quite an older area. But really, any of the four suburbs mentioned would, I think, be a better choice than Wakerley.

If you need any further info, ask away!

Cheers
LynnH

Last edited:
Back