Warning; Investors Club

I heard from a developer the other day that they are actually reducing their commissions to be more competitive with the local agent market in Brisbane - The agents have been fairly successful in moving property and there is a bit of a shortage in stock for TIC apparently - so they have to make themselves more attractive to compete.

sign of the times??

deception depends on ones perception

No it doesn't. Enforceable deception depends solely on the interpretation and application of the law by the presiding Judge.

It is not dependent on our perception at all.

This is one specific area Rixter where your usual "whichever way the wind blows....whatever whenever however suits is OK" mantra does not apply.

No it doesn't. Enforceable deception depends solely on the interpretation and application of the law by the presiding Judge.

It is not dependent on our perception at all.

This is one specific area Rixter where your usual "whichever way the wind blows....whatever whenever however suits is OK" mantra does not apply.

Yes exactly...in that example its dependent upon the presiding Judges perception that becomes his/her interpretation of the law to be applied.

As for your final comment, well once again it purely perception!

Whether you think 'you' are right or think you are wrong 'you' will be correct. :)

Have great day or what ever you perceive its going to be for you Daz. ;)

Last edited:
that makes it about $65m of commission in WA alone? no wonder the guy with the hat is always smiling and travelling around on junkets.

Interesting quote in the new TIC book

As of 2008, The Investors Club had over $9 BILLION of clients money in safe mortgages, with not one default.

Couple of points

1. $9 Billion is not to be sneezed at and would garner a nice commision
2. First time I have seen them refer to members as clients

They are still growing

Freudian slip.

Merely a perception? :p

Sounds like a fact to me! It is inarguable that everyone is a Client so why refer to "membership" or a "club" at all unless you were trying to create a "perception" that does not align with the facts? Purely deceptive and misleading it is... and that's a fact! :rolleyes:

Here we go, here we go, here we go, this subject has been done to death I don't get it.

What is wrong with TIC providing this service, so many out there are doing exactly the same, TIC are just better at it.

For the fools jumping in, well like everything do your homework or just get over it.

the others don't pretend to be a club. That's my one and only issue.
Precisely. If it was made clear that it was a business offering a one-stop-shop for investors at a profit, I wouldn't be involved, but I wouldn't object to their existence. But their deliberate cultivation of an image as being some kind of great place where investors get together to help each other out in a collegial atmosphere, is extremely deceptive and serves no purpose other than to get people to "drop their guard".

The fact that they not only charge commissions, but outrageous commissions, only adds insult to injury.

Wow, Tracey, I had to get the dictionary out for that one!
I'm filing it under "C", alongside "convivial".
When did SS get so highbrow?
LMAO. I've been called a lot of things, but "highbrow" isn't one that's often come up! :D

It's not a word I use often, but one of the many words that's been just sitting in my mental dictionary, waiting for an occasion to arise where it's exactly the right word, and - *pow* - out comes my "word of the day".

Actually, I've looked it up myself, and I'm not sure "collegial" was quite right. I think I should have said "reciprocative". ;)

I'm going out on a limb here, and expect to be called a TIC lover (which I'm not by the way, I dont use them and never will):D
Should the same contempt for the word "club" not be directed at the RAC, RACV, RACQ (Royal Automotive Club)

Just stirring the pot!!:D

Boods

I'm going out on a limb here, and expect to be called a TIC lover (which I'm not by the way, I dont use them and never will):D
Should the same contempt for the word "club" not be directed at the RAC, RACV, RACQ (Royal Automotive Club)

Great point Boods and it doesnt stop there. It extends into all those professional clubs too. The Australian biggest one that comes to mind is all AFL football 'clubs'. After all they're a business so where is the line drawn.

You having a quiet day, Rixter? :D
I think the difference is that these other organisations started off as "clubs" or "Associations" in the true sense of the term. Then they became more commercial over time, often as a way of surviving and making facilities available to members.
TIC cannot claim this. Seems they were a money making proposition straight out of the box, but used the term "Club" as a hook.

Back