Waterford Units in Brisbane and surrounding suburbs

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has some current knowledge of what 3 bed townhouses approx 90sqm, small courtyard are selling for? Particulary interested in Waterford, but any info on surrounding suburbs appreciated also. Thanks, Linda

Hey Linda,

I know this part of Logan City fairly well after buying 2 units in the area in 2006 following thorough research.

I bought a 2 bed unit for $122,000 in Jan 2006 and sold it October 2007 for $201,000. Most of the units/townhouses in this area were built in early 1990s.

The rent had been $140/week but I got $180/week on the first day of ownership. Rents have increased and you could get $220 plus now, but with prices for these units at $220K or more, the yield is down to 5%.

In my opinion, I think this market has peaked so I would be weary about buying in now - I think the party has passed. Considering the same unit I bought was only $70,000 in 2003!

The other unit I had was a 3 bedroom in central Logan which was $140,000 (Dec2006) renting for $200. Now this would be $220K renting for $240/week - again the yield has decreased and investors will soon abandon this area for some time (in my opinion).

Most of the other areas I have been hunting for cheapies have all gone up in the same timeframe (Elizabeth north of Adelaide, Cairns and Beenleigh/Eagleby).

I am now hunting in Sydney....

Good luck with your search :)
cheers
Michael

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has some current knowledge of what 3 bed townhouses approx 90sqm, small courtyard are selling for? Particulary interested in Waterford, but any info on surrounding suburbs appreciated also. Thanks, Linda

Hi Linda,

You can find out all the past sales & capital growth histories on any individual properties or entire suburbs you are interested in RIGHT HERE.

To keep an eye asking prices and property turn over to under offer/contract you can also set up alerts on www.realestate.com.au & www.domain.com.au

Hope this helps.

Thanks for replies. I own a 3x1 townhouse at Waterford and was thinking it may have done it's run, time to sell. I spoke to agent/property manager today who advised I would recieve about $240,000 -$250,000 for it. The rental return is about $275. I was advised if I put air-con in for $1000 I could get rent for $285-$310. I'm thinking for that type of return I should be able to sell it for $260k. I know when I was purchasing a year earlier Waterford had a lag after Waterford West of a month or two so maybe I should wait a bit.

Any comments welcome re: ROI, current Bris market, does this property seem a tad undervalued, done it's run? Just found a similar property (in same complex) on Domain thanks to Rixter, although site or my computer is having probs and I can't open details. I've found another property I like in Basso, Perth, with dev't potential but would have to sell a property before next purchase. Thanks Linda

www.seqrents.com.au/riverbendgardens/index.htm

I've decided not to sell as the rent return is quite good. To sell and repurchase would cost me approx 45k - big waste of $$$$ I have a small mortgage I want to knock on the head and worked out a better way to do this. :) Regards, Linda

Back