We have TV!

After been in our apartment for an entire year I have found we have a TV aerial point! For some reason it is mounted facing downwards on the bottom of a window ceil?!?! My G/f, friends nor family have been able to find it.

I never would have found it; luckily our new neighbours showed me where their's was after I saw them watching a commercial!

What other strange things have people seen positioned within properties?

Not sure this qualifies, but in this house there were two phone points (well, one point and two cables), each with their own line in, and neither worked.

Turns out only one was actually connected to the rest of the universe, one just stopped in the roof. The cable *without* the point was the one that was connected.

Otherwise, the hidden nature or impractical location of powerpoints in properties never ceases to amaze me.

.............Otherwise, the hidden nature or impractical location of powerpoints in properties never ceases to amaze me.

Or the inappropriate location of floor heating duct vents. In our last PPOR, the main one (double the usual length) in the kitchen/meals area was in front of a kitchen bench workspace and passage way from adjoining formal dining room.

We changed at least two vent covers per year (of the metal variety) due to inadvertant standing thru them. :(

well - our current ppor has 20 phone points (including 6 in the garage) and around 16 power points in the garage. the house also has numerous power points halfway up walls. apparently she used to run her doctors surgery from home.

needless to say i'm getting the electrican in to remove a few of the phone points and the halfway-up-the-wall power points - but the power points in the garage all stay! sheeeesh men!!! (as we fight over the bathroom layout)

Last edited:
i just re-ran the antenna cable in our place yesterday, as the old one there was made out of 4 or 5 pieces, and i think previous tenants took the antenna point with them.

I used to live in a 1 bed unit with en suite and tiny living/kitchen/entry. That sucker had 7x single/dual 240V power points in those areas. One was 6 inches under the ceiling cornice dead center above where the TV was.:confused:

Mates were always cracking jokes re: 'if only you had a spare power point...'

My PPOR didnt have a phone or TV aerial point when I moved in. The previous owner died and family did a quick reno before sale - gyprocked/palstered over the points. Had to get Telstra in to locate the line!! Doesnt worry me too much about the TV as too busy living and enjoying life to watch the box . Was 3 months after moved in before unpacked the Tv and got the aerial sorted. Could do with a few extra powerpoints. Old places never seem to have enough.

Anyway, thinking of moving and renting the place out as have a job offer up in Newcastle... got a couple more weeks to decide.

You can never have enough power points in any study. Put at least 8 in when you are building a house. It may look ridiculous when the room is empty, but it's soooo practical. :D

Don't believe me?

1. Desk lamp.
2. Laptop/PC
3. Sound system
4. Wireless Router
5. External Hard Drive
6. Printer/fax/copier
7. Wireless telephone (sits on a charger)
8. Fan

Most annoying thing I've seen is people who build houses that are built for the rental market - and cut corners by NOT having enough storage. Or any storage for that matter. The duplex we're renting now in Castle Hill has a small amount of storage under the stairs.

That's it... if you don't count the linen cupboard or built-in-robes.

Back