Weird behaviour

I got a quote over the phone For $230. The owner turned up on my doorstep 3 days early so I had no cash or form of payment on me and it was all abit of a surprise. (He'd called my homephone and mobile but I missed the calls) I told him I'd come into office and pay him next day. He said if I paid cash he could give me a good discount and it would cost me $220. :rolleyes: It was the only method of payment I had at the time so that's what I chose to do.
I rang him a couple of mins after he left to tell him one of the items wasn't fixed. He said give it a day it might get better. He rang me the next day telling me to come in and pay the cash otherwise he wouldn't be able to give me the discounted price. I told them I wanted the item fixed first. Over the next couple of days he was getting receptionists to call me and ask me to come and give him the cash. I told them they could pick it up when they fixed my stuff. So 8 wks later I hear from him again, but I felt weirded out by him so got my husband to call back and thought it would be better to pay by cheque. (I'd previously lost my cheque book and found it recently)

So he asked for cash, not a cheque so the he could get your address which he already knew) written on the back. I dont get wht BlueCard or Peter14.7 meant

Ok I am confused now as well.

I thought BC was saying he wanted cheque detials to commit fraud like CC details. It seems it is all a bit dodgy. Personally unless I get full reciept it is not worth paying cash. If he insured, qualified etc..

A lot of cowboys out there.

And scammers.

I still remember a guy "testing" my pensioner mums hot water system and found the overflow, flows. They convinced mum it was "about to burst" and replaced it and anode and charged $500 or so (to me). I called them that day and threathened legal and A Currnet Affair action and they came back and changed it over. that was 4 years back and HWS still going!

These types roam the street seeking out gullible old ladies et all to scam with fear. Now they offer free insulation.

Peter

Yer I think you're right Peter, that was my first thought but I didn't get how you could commit fraud with a DL number. - but I guess it would be handy.

My Nana asked lawn mower guy if he could change a light globe in the bathroom and he charged her 5 bucks, this was after mowing small patch of lawn every fortnight for the previous 2 years! Nice! :confused:

Back